04

It's been two weeks.

Two weeks, and she's still on his mind. Erik's had fucking enough of it.

She just won't get out of his head, and it's driving him crazy. Almost a month ago, it was only on the pitch that he would think about her. Four weeks would pass of constantly seeing her, two for when he stupidly told Marco ro tell her that he liked her sweatshirt that was actually an Ajax sweatshirt. And now, she's on his mind from the minute he woke up to the very second he slept at night.

His feelings seem to show through his actions. Playing much more aggressively during training and games, it's done nothing but improve his game and get her even closer to him than she already was. Not to mention he started to act strange during training.

Like he is right now.

Overthinking and distracted from what everyone else was doing. His gaze was focused on her as she knelt on the grass to take a picture, only to get up and look at the picture on her camera.

Whatever his team was doing didn't matter to him because she was here once again, and he didn't know what to do. It was like he just froze in the inside.

"Erik!"

He turns around and finds Marco passing the football to him. Marco shoots him a do something you dumb boy look, but Erik is completely oblivious as to what the hell they were even doing.

But he tags along, the two men passing it back and forth before Erik sends it off to Marcel somewhere in the pitch where everyone was jogging and passing and doing whatever they were doing.

And instead of staring at her like the dumbest boy ever, he walks over to her.

"Hallo," he says, and she simply waves with a smile. Her lips pressed into a thin line.

My God, did she look ever more beautiful up close. Not to mention a whole ruler shorter than he initially thought. How did Erik not get this close?

"Wie geht es Dir? Ich bin Erik." He expects a smile but is confused when he sees an uncertain look on her face. Not even five sentences in a conversation, Erik is starting to regret everything he's said and thinks that he should have done this tomorrow.

"Sorry, but I don't speak German," she tells him.

And that's the moment Erik realizes that the girl he practiced having a conversation for in his head isn't German at all. In fact, she has an accent not familiar to him, and it just now comes to him that he has practiced his entire conversation in German.

"Oh, uh, h-how are... you?" he said, and he hated how he spoke English.

"I'm fine and you?"

Oh God, she even spoke English a little bit better than he imagined. The accent got in the way, but she was better speaking it than he was.

"I'm doing alright..." he tried to briefly break eye contact glance at her ID badge, only to lose confidence when he saw Hanneke Leijerzapf typed in bolded, italic letters.

Hanne, on the other hand, saw him struggling while looking at her badge and was not surprised at all. "Hanne."

"Hanne," Erik repeated, not even going to try and pronounce her last name. "I-I'm Erik Durm, by the way."

She giggled at him almost forgetting to introduce himself. "I can tell."

Now, how does Erik keep the conversation going? He rehearsed it in his mind, but he's too scared to go on with the script now that he knows she can't speak German.