05

"I want to buy one of your pictures."

Hanne looked up at Erik, eyebrows furrowed and not sure if this boy is serious.

"Erik, we just met yesterday."

"Yeah, and I want to buy a picture of yours," he said. "How and where can I buy? They are for sale, right?"

Now, this so-called "idea" of Erik's literally came to him this morning when he woke up. He asked Marco for his opinion on it, and he said that it was the stupidest idea ever, and here Erik is using it.

Hanne sat on her heels and started to scroll through the pictures on her camera. "Well, you have to tell me which one first."

She actually was scrolling through the pictures to show Erik the photos she currently had on her at the moment, but it seemed that he had other plans.

"I want a picture from our recent game."

"Erik, I only have pictures from today and yesterday's training."

So his plan wasn't going as smoothly as he expected it to. It was supposed to start with him asking to buy a picture and eventually get her number, but now Erik realized that his "perfect" plan wasn't so perfect afterall.

"And before you ask why I don't have photo from your game," she continued going back to the camera mode, "there's something called a memory card."

Memory card? Ah, fuck it. Erik didn't have time to ask about this photography shit, he wanted to have actual interaction with Hanne that is more than just talking in a conversation that doesn't even flow together.

He sighed at the stupidity of his plan and himself. "Is there a way that I can see the pictures from our most revent game?"

Goddamnit, Erik. Abandon the pictures already and ask her on a date! Can't hurt that much.

"We could see if I can pull them up in the building, but I'm not sure unless you want me to—"

"Gottverdamnt!" he muttered under his breath, causing her to widen her eyes in confusion. "Hanne, do you want go for lunch with me today?"

And it was that simple.

She looked at him, unsure. From the look on her face, Erik was sure he had made the biggest mistake in his life and would die alone in the end. Wow, not like he had thought of that many times beforehand.

Then she smiled.

"I'd love to, Erik," she said.

He could feel the butterflies celebrating in his stomach and the urge shoot his fist up and tell the whole world that he has done it. Well... on the right path to his goal.

"Wow, uh. That was really scary for me to say, I thought you would say no or nothing at all," he said, running a hand through his head. Hanne giggled at his awkward-ness. "So, should I pick you up or do you have to go get something or...?"

Hanne giggled again, and this time Erik swore he almost dropped to his knees to sit and chit chat with her.

"Just find me, okay?" She gave him a reassuring smile, one that sent angels flying his way. Now he wondered what it took to get him a prayer.