14

The reception of Cathelijn and Thies' wedding was at the same hotel Erik and Hanne along with many other guests were staying at. It was at the ballroom on lobby floor, big vases of white lillies standing on either side of the two doors leading into the room.

Nearly ten o'clock at night and everyone is present at the ballroom. Half of the guests are out on the dance floor attempting to slow dance while When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars played. It seemed like almost everyone there—besides most family—came because of how lavish the reception was going to be.

As for the groom and bride, they weren't together at moment. Married, yes. Physically together, no.

They were on opposite ends of the room. Cathelijn was out and about gossiping with her fellow model friends with a half-drinken glass of wine in one hand while Thies was on the other side laughing amongst his teammates with a glass of beer. The two had both gotten into a argument out in the hallway in front of the room after she got mad at him for talking to Hanne.

But that didn't seem to bother any of the guests because everyone was too busy drinking and getting drunk.

Hanne was indeed a little bit tipsy she would admit, but not so much that she would be doing stupid things. She was sat down at a table, holding an empty glass of champagne as she laughed with a friend she hadn't kept up with in a few months. Not really a friend, since Hanne knew that she only started to talk to her because of her relationship with Erik.

The German boy sat next to Hanne, holding her hand as an empty glass of champagne sat on the table in front of him.

"And we never even paid the waiter after that!" the woman in front of them laughed. Hanne nodded and smiled weakly, just to show her discomfort to the woman. God, this so uncomfortable, she wanted to get up and leave with Erik right in the middle of her sentence. "Can you believe that?"

She nodded again, squeezing Erik's hand gently as a face of confusion grew on his face. He was probably trying to understand what the woman was saying since German and Dutch are closely related, only seeming to understand half of the entire thing. Maybe even less.

The both of them absolutely wanted to leave the reception right now. The new married couple were already fighting not even twelve hours into their marriage, Hanne's had a bit too much champagne, Erik's starting to get fuzzy by all thr Dutch being spoken around him, and everyone is bored to hell. Even Thies was having the worst night of his life, and he's thr groom God's sake. It seems that the only person not in a shit mood was Cathelijn, that was because she was busy smack-talking about people with her model friends.

"Have you seen the gigantic ice sculpture outside?" Hanne asked her new "friend". Really, there wasn't an ice sculpture or anything outside. She just needed something to get her away from them. "I heard it was enormous. Right, Erik?"

She nudged his arm, scaring him a little as he suddenly became aware of what was happening from all the music blaring out from the speakers. "Huh? Uh—ja."

The woman quickly stood up and ran her hand through her blonde hair, only making it look messier. Obviously, drunk as hell by now. "Really? I should see! Everyone must be there admiring it," she said, before taking off in the direction of the doors.

Finally that annoying woman went away, Hanne thought she was going to have to walk away herself.

She rested her head on Erik's shoulder, closing her eyes as hand stroked her cheek. "I'm so tired. I want to go back to Dortmund now."

"Your friend Catherina might not see us walk out," he suggested, totally botching Cathelijn's name on purpose. "We could just leave, you know."

"Ja, but I promised Thies that I would stay for his marriage to that blonde model. Now I'm starting to regret it.
It's like, ten at night, and we could have been sleeping or watching movies on the couch back in Dortmund!"