06

A few knocks on the wall were heard as the very few people of the room, except Hanne, looked up from their computer monitors.

"Hanne, it's for you," Wenzel, the person sitting at the computer next to her, said.

When she finally looked up, she saw Erik, dressed in a black jacket that was unzipped to show a black shirt with NIKE F.C. printed in white and jeans, standing by the doorframe while holding two paper coffee cups.

That little dork.

"Erik," she said as he walked over to her, "didn't training end like, I don't know, two hours ago?"

He handed her the warm cup carefully into her hands, making sure it wouldn't spill. "I got you coffee. Well, not really coffee because I didn't know if you like coffee. So I got you hot chocolate."

It was exceptionally cold in Dortmund today, the average high being at 65 degrees Fahrenheit, so it was a blessing that Erik was nice enough to come back and stop by the media office to give Hanne a cup of warm, chocolatey goodness.

"I didn't know you wore glasses," he then said, pointing at the black framed, circle glasses that sat on the bridge of her nose, clearly bigger than the rest of her face.

"I'm farsighted," she told him and placed the cup next to her keyboard. "And thanks for the drink, Erik. It's gets cold here a lot."

"They don't turn on the heating in here?"

It was cold the room, Erik shoving one of his hands into the pockets of his jacket. He looked around and saw that almost everyone in the room, including Hanne, was wearing somesort of long sleeve and that there were barely any coats on the coat rack because everyone was wearing them.

It must have been like what, seventy-two degrees in the room? Not much of a difference to the sixty-five degrees outside.

She shakes her head. "We don't have any control over the thermastat, and they don't bother to turn on the heating in here."

"Way to treat your media staff," he commented. "Did you know how long it long for me to find this room? Twenty minutes!"

"Yeah, we're not exactly easy to find unless you're looking for me," she told him, her fingers typing at the keyboard in front of her, "then you know where to find me."

The computer screen had a bunch of photos on it, her camera right next to it. Erik assumed it must have been files and editing she was doing, but what does he know? He's just a footballer who's interested in Hanne.

"Do you mind if I...?" He grabbed the chair from the vacant spot next to her, opposite of the focused red head that told everyone at the office that he was here for Hanne. As if the gossip of them being together couldn't get any worse within Dortmund.

"Yeah, go ahead," she says, smiling and nodding at him as he sits down, scooting closer to her.

Since their date a week ago, Erik has been asking Hanne if she wanted to go to the local café after training, something she always agreed to, because when did she really have real, important work to do other than tale photos and upload them? He's asked her so many times that he doesn't even need to ask her anymore. She'll be in the same place after training, waiting for him and they would go to the same café.

Erik has been absent from his team's after training lunches so many times that they've begun to think that he and Hanne are finally dating. Only, that's not the case, and no matter how much he'd like it to happen, he couldn't lie and tell everyone that they were dating. No matter how much Marco is nudging him to just do it, he wouldn't do such a thing especially when she had nothing to do with it.