10

Hanne was back on the pitch again, on the sides, taking pictures of the boys as they train. And of course she was wearing her BVB jacket with black jeans and white canvas shoes like always. It was a routine that she never got tired of doing day after day after day.

She didn't know if it was living in Dortmund making it seem new each day. Or if it was the countless dates Erik took her on, and would never get old.

Now she's really thankful that she didn't accept that job offering in London to photograph models. Yes, models. If she did, she probably would have gotten tired and asked to go back home for vacation already. Too tired of taking pictures of taller, prettier women than her each and everyday. Maybe she would have quit by now, seeing that although many models are nice, that this job is making her think that she is an ugly, short, Dutch girl.

Erik was also thankful she didn't decide to go to London. Had he not have met her, he wouldn't have the most amazing person in his life. He wouldn't be able to chase someone like her because he likes hee so damn much.

He was on the pitch with Lukasz, Marco, and Julian, last in line behind small, pink cones for their drills. His hands are purposely on his hips just because he knew Hanne was probably photographing him and the others, so he wanted to look "professional," only to make her shake her head and chuckle.

"Erik," Lukasz said. "Erik. Erik!"

He snapped back to reality and saw the line shift ahead so suddenly with Julian taking the ball and kicking it around the cones quickly.

"Stop staring at your girlfriend. You're holding up the line," Lukasz told him as he went to the back of the line. "We know you're in loooooove with her!"

"Yeah, okay," was all Erik said back. He didn't even try to dismiss them because he knew they were true and everybody knew it.

"How's Hanne?" Marco asked, knowing that the two aren't actually dating yet but are bound to. But he didn't mention that because Erik had already told the entire team that they were dating, and he didn't want to make it harder for him.

Erik coughed awkwardly at the question since it was difficult to talk about a relationship that you don't have with someone but you really want to because you like them a lot. But then, Lukasz and Julian are here, so he had to sugar coat the actual thing in front of them.

"Good. She's great." He nodded his head to make it seem like things were going great instead of nowhere. "I met her brother the other day, and I think he approved of me."

"Well, I hope you did because I swear to God, her brother is like a giant! I'm sure you don't want him coming here just to hurt you if you break Hanne's heart."

Of course Willem would never do that. Hanne told Erik that he couldn't even kill a spider for the love of God, and that he didn't have to worry about him. Still, Erik doesn't want to take his chances and mess everything up with her.

She was only person he loved so much that if were to mess it up, he's probably hide in his house for a couple of weeks.

"Why is Julian taking so long?" Erik asked, pointing at Julian who was currently making his way back.

"Wha—He's not even slowing down," Marco chuckled and messed the top of Erik's hair with his hand. "Do you actually just want to get this over with so you can see Hanne?"

As if anyone couldn't see how impatient Erik was during the drill. He was standing there, tapping his foot with his arms crossed, looking as if time was going so slow.

Julian made it back, kicking the ball towards Marco who stopped it with his foot. "Do you want to go instead, Erik?" he asked.

As Erik nodded and walked forward, Marco kicked it away as soon as he got his foot on it. Kicking it towards the corner where Hanne was kneeling at with her camera up to her face, focused on Weidenfeller and Bürki over on the other side of the field. They looked like kindergarteners during recess chasing each other around right up until Erik finally caught up with him.