07

"So you're telling me that you told everyone on social media that you and Hanne are dating, kissed her cheek, had an almost kiss moment, went on dozens of dates, and you still haven't asked her to be your girlfriend yet?"

"Ja."

"That is the stupidest thing you could have ever done, Erik."

He nodded in agreement with Marco. Everything that had happened the other night with Hanne, made him regret not going in for the kiss. He knew that they were enough dates in for him to kiss her, but he didn't.

"Look," Marco pulled the jersey over his head and ran his hands through his hair, "the best thing that could happen is that Matze isn't flirting with her outside of training."

"He has?"

"No, but I'm just saying, if you want her to stay single just for you," he pointed at finger at the chestnut haired boy in front of him, "make your move on her."

You see, Erik had no idea how to "make his move" on Hanne. Every time he tries to make things happen, there's always something that goes wrong and it wouldn't be the same as he imagined in his head.

Things just don't end well for Erik.

Unfortunately, he's got injuries, scoring goals and staying healthy to worry about. Now, with the new installment of Hanne and not having the nerves to ask her out, things just don't seem to be going in the direction he preferred, are they?

"You know I don't have the confidence to do whatever 'making your move' is," Erik said, defeated by his own uncertainty. He felt amazing about hinself during those dates with Hanne, but now he feels as if what he's doing isn't enough and that he should have done more. "Trust me, I really like her, but I just..."

The blond footballer in front of him stood, hands on his hips as he looked unamused at him. "But you what? If you really like her, then you must have the balls to ask her somewhere inside that head of yours."

"I can't—"

"Erik, I'm getting really tired of your I can't do this bullshit. Why are you still here anyways? Aren't you supposed to be in for the shoot?" Marco asked, his eyebrows furrowed as he began to tied the laces of his cleats.

"Wait, what." Erik's face of worry and disappointment was washed over by a wave of shock and confusion. "Go where?"

You can see why everyone calls Erik a dumb boy.

Marco pointed at the door of the locker room. "Out there." Then he began to push the twenty-three year old through everyone else in the room towards the door. "Make way! Erik needs to get to his girlfriend!"

"Marco, I swear to God if this is of your—"

"Don't make a dumb mistake this time," and then the door shut, leaving Erik outside the locker room in the dimly lit hallway, mouth ajar from being kicked out of the locker room of his very own team. It doesn't get better than this, does it?

His fist pounded on the door. "Marco! Guys! Let me in!"

This isn't dumbest Erik has looked. At least he isn't shirtless, banging on the door with his fists screaming bloody murder.

And of course, his fists kept hitting at the door just as his love interest came walking by.

"Erik?" she said, and he turned around, smiling like he didn't just get kicked out of the locker room. Her voice was soft and smooth, sounding as soothing as it did many times before. "I was just looking for you."

His eyes lit up. "You were?"

"Yeah, for the shoot. Yesterday, I told Matze to tell you that I needed to see you today."