Chapter 2: Phantom Dark

In less than a minute I was fast asleep. I woke up when my alarm clock began to ring hours later. I turned it off and went to shower.

              When I finished showering I went to my room to get dressed. I put on navy blue jeans, a short navy blue t-shirt, and over that I put on my red jacket. I then went to the desk put my cell phone in my pocket, rolled up the paper I wrote my essay on and carried it downstairs. The place was empty as usual; I was usually the last one to leave the house. I had some cereal for breakfast and looked around the house to make sure everything was locked. Once I was sure of it I grabbed the paper and went to the back yard, locking the door behind me.

          I sat the paper on the grass and began to focus. I pictured a larger bird, one that could carry a paper and still fly without any problem. I pictured a hawk. I felt my body getting covered by light and how it changed shape. Once I was in the shape of a hawk I grabbed the rolled up paper with my talon and flew off to school.

           I flew for a couple of minutes before I arrived at the back of the school where I could change without any one seeing me. The place was empty so I descended and turned into my human form once I landed. I opened the back door and stepped inside the school. The hall I entered was crowded as always. I headed to my locker and got my backpack out. I put the essay inside it and headed to the sophomore hall on the second floor where I belonged. The hall I was in was the freshmen hall. (My locker was in that hall due to a computer error when they assigned them to us.)

           When I arrived my friends were already there. I kissed Kristine when I reached them and joined the seven of them in the conversation until the bell rang. George and I headed to our first class which we had together, P.E. I’ve known George since freshmen year. The guy has green eyes, his hair is really frizzy and curly which makes it look like a whig, and he seems to be a bit fat. The guy always plays around with anything were talking about and he has a tendency of picking on others when I’m not there to stop him from doing so.

        “So…Did you make it into the team?” I asked as we walked into the gym.

         “I don’t know, they’re going to announce it today.” He said as we reached the gym and headed to the locker room. I changed into my P.E clothes and went into the gym where we had to do our regular exercises. The things we had to do were, run a mile, and do 30 push ups and pull ups.

          I always finished the exercises without any effort due to my strength and speed. Those in a kingdom possess strength and speed that is equal to that of up to 20 strong men. When I finished I saw that the whole class was still on the second exercise. I headed to the locker room and changed to my regular clothes and got my stuff. I went back to the gym and sat in the bleachers to relax. The coach didn’t mind me doing that since I was already done with everything I needed to do.

          I got out a book and began to read it as the others finished minutes later. George came up to the bleachers and sat in the row in front of me. “You should join a sport or something you know. Why is it that you rather do that instead, seriously, when was the last time you played football?” He said pointing at my book. I looked at him, shrugged, and returned my attention to my book. I haven’t played football in my entire life, okay. I have to follow the code whether I want to or not.

          “Like I care.” I said keeping my eyes on my book. We both talked on the same subject until the bell rang. I put the book away and went to trigonometry class. I had three friends in that class Evelyn, Eric, and Bruno. I was one of the first students to arrive to the classroom. Eric was already there when I arrived though. I sat down in my seat which is in left of his.