Chapter 11: The plan

Guys, print or write out any message you’ve sent or received from Phantom and meet me at the park that’s close by to the woods at around 4.

     I sent the message to every one in the group and printed out everything I received from Phantom. I began reading everything and got ready to leave when I got a phone call. “Hey Logan what up man!” said a familiar voice over the phone.

     I smiled. “Anthony! Man what’s with the call?” I said happy to hear from an old friend. Anthony Soleil, an alchemist, the two of us were best friends until I moved from New York City back when I was in elementary.

     “You’re not going to believe this, I finally got it opened!” he said excited.

     “No way!  Congrats !” I said. He was talking about a shop he wanted to open up in the High Market, a hidden market that the Kingdoms ran in big cities.

     “Yeah, I was just calling to tell you about it, you should come and give the old crew a visit this Christmas.” He said.

     “Yeah, I’ll try.” I said remembering the friends I had back in the big city.

     “OK, well I’ll text you later; I have to attend some costumers. I just wanted you to know the news.” He said as he talked to some people in French.

     “Yeah, bye” I said getting ready to hang up.

    “Au revoir” he said and hanged up. I put my phone away and looked at the clock. I should visit them when I get the chance.

     We were all sitting on a picnic table at the park. Jasmine was also with us, she got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon. Everyone except Bruno was here. There was a stack of paper in the center of the table where we put the printed messaged together. “Hey, sorry I’m late!” yelled Bruno running at us from the other side of the park with a piece of paper in his hand.

     “No one invited you!” said George when he reached us. Bruno ignored him and sat down.

    “Read this, everyone’s read it except you.” I said to Bruno as I passed him a small part of the stack of papers that had the chat from last night. “I called everyone in because of that little conversation.” I looked at everyone in the eye before said it. “I need you all to help me think of a plan where I can meet Phantom and take him straight to a trap.”

    “Didn’t he tell you that he wanted to meet you alone?” said Jasmine pointing out the obvious.

     “Yeah, but we can just make him think that he’s meeting me alone.” I said. “It’ll work as long as he doesn’t know that I’m not really alone.”

    “That’s smart bro.” said Evelyn joining me.

     “Yeah, so any ideas?” I asked.

      Kristine picked up a few of the papers and read them. “It has to be a public place.” she said going through the papers. “The six of us can hide better if there’s a lot of people around.”

     “What about a restaurant?” said Mary.

     “It’ll be hard to move around in a place like that.” added Kristine as she kept looking through the papers. “Phantom is a control freak, we have to make him think that he’s in control of the situation. Maybe the downtown shopping district.”

     “That’ll fail, there’s too many places to run away, and if you follow people might see you if you run after him using your powers.” said George

    “What about the movies?” said Evelyn “”It’s public, closed in, we can move around, and it’s dark, so you can move around without anyone seeing the full thing”