【 Prolouge 】

Every day, she would utter the same three words to him; they were an unusual way to greet a mental patient. He would never question her upon it, though. In fact, he never even bothered to respond to her greetings.

The girl's soothing voice never faltered when she spoke, the melodious tones bringing comfort despite being located in such a dismal place. The gentle nature of her words and actions were noticeable to many who crossed her path. The boy she greeted with those three words every day was never the only one to notice it.

Something about her frustrated the quiet boy. He was ceaselessly irritated by the way the corners of her lips creased ever-so-slightly when she smiled, the way her words escaped freely from her mouth without even a thought towards the repercussions of a small slip-up in the dreadful, distorted world they lived in.
Or maybe it was the way she always exaggerated her declarations, always gesturing frantically with her fluttering hands, or how she was constantly moving and bouncing, unable to sit still for even a single moment.

It was the way she placed her smooth hands atop of his own, so lightly that they were barely touching, as if the merest breath of pressure would snap him in half. It was how she would gaze into his defensive eyes, not a word escaping her still lips, causing the boy to snap his head in the other direction.
It was how she cared for him always, no matter how much hurt the boy caused when he ignored her kind words.

Her three words.
Three simple words that anyone would let sail over their heads without a second thought...
Three gentle words murmured in her every greeting, every day.
Three strangely expected words that pierced through him, leaving him dazed and confused.
Three words. That's all it took.
"How are you?"

『 So they told me not
to credit them but I'm
doing it anyway cause
rEBEL HERE
Thank you Downsider
for rewriting this
prologue into something
god-like compared
to my ninth grade
writing abilities lmao.
aND THANK YOU
FOR TRYING TO HELP
ME BECOME BETTER AS
MY PASSION
IDJDJ
IT MEANS THE WORLD 』