.014

When I wake up, I'm lying on top of my daddy and he's still asleep. I bite my lip to stop giggling, and kiss his cheek before rolling off of him and running to my room and getting dressed. I go downstairs and to the kitchen, looking for something I can make for breakfast. I don't really know how to cook, and I'm sure daddy would be angry if I used the stove, but I don't want to have cold cereal. Maybe I can make some tea and toast.

I race back upstairs and sneak into daddy's room. He's still asleep, which is good. I spot his phone on the night table and quickly snatch it up before sneaking out again. I slide it open and click the button that looks like a phone. Lili's name is the first one I see, so I click it and hold the phone to my ear.

"Hello," he sounds sleepy.

"Lili," I whisper. "It's Blake."

"Blake?" he asks. "Are you alright? Where's Zayn? Is everything okay?"

"Lili I'm fine," I giggle. "Daddy is asleep, I just need your help."

"Okay," he breathes, his voice still sleepy. "What's up babe?"

"Well daddy has seemed really sad yesterday," I start.

"Yes, Niall told me your plan and I think it's brilliant," he says happily. "He will love that."

"Really?" I ask excitedly, walking into the kitchen.

"Definitely," he says with a laugh. "But tell me what you are doing right now."

"Well, I want to make daddy breakfast," I continue. "but I don't know how to cook and I don't think cereal is good enough, so I was going to make some tea and toast, but I need help."

"Okay," he hums. "There's a button on the phone that will put it on speaker, pull the phone away from your ear and click it."

I do as told, and click the button that looks like a speaker. "Okay."

"Good," Lili's voice fills the kitchen. "Now set the phone on the counter and go over to the freezer."

I follow instructions and tug open the freezer door, looking inside. Lili starts talking again, "Is there any frozen waffles or something in there?"

"Yes," I shout, going up on my tiptoes and pulling out the box. I shut the door and set it on the counter of the island.

"Okay, now, do you see the kettle on the island?" he asks and I climb up on the stool and up on the counter, instantly spotting the kettle.

"Yes," I answer, carefully walking over to it.

"Now fill it with some water and put it back on the plate," he instructs and I do as told, telling him when I'm done. "Okay now flip the switch on the outlet and it will heat up the water. Okay Blake, I want you push a chair to the other counter and climb on top of it so you can grab down some mugs, do you know where the cups are kept?"

I climb off the counter and push a chair in front of the cupboard, climbing up and opening it. I pick out a blue mug and a purple mug for me and daddy, then set them on the counter gently. "Okay, got them. Now what."

"Now walk to your left, two cupboards over, and there should be some tea up there," he says and I follow his careful instructions, opening the cupboard to see a few boxes of tea.

"Which kind should I pick?" I ask, reading over the names.

"He'll like whatever you decide," Lili says. I pull out two Yorkshire tea packets and close the cupboard.

"I picked Yorkshire," I say with a smile, sitting down on the counter.

"Good pick," he says and I can tell he is smiling. "Okay, now take the mugs and the tea over to the island and set them there. Open the tea packets and put a bag in each cup."