Chapter 11

Four POV

"This skit is the stupidest thing I've ever done," Tris announces, flipping through the pages of the extensively detailed script.

"OK, we all know that's not true," Marlene says while laughing.

We're all sitting on the ground working on props for the play. "Not only stupid but very long. With a lot of characters too, when Uriah told me extra, I didn't think that meant being like 20 different characters." Zeke adds.

"Yea, and Uriah's not even done writing the script yet, there's still lots more to go." Tris nods her head to Uriah on his computer behind a closed door.

"Ugh, this is soooo boring." Lynn complains, dropping her brush on the floor.

"Way to be optimistic Lynn," Tris says sarcastically.

"I need to go to the bathroom," Shauna says, getting up.

After a few seconds Zeke suddenly says, "Me too." running to catch up with Shauna.

Marlene wiggles her eyebrows, and we all roll our eyes. God knows what they're doing in the bathroom.

"Ran out of paint," Lynn says dropping her brush into the empty can with a loud clank. "I'm gonna get some more."

"I'll come with you, I ran out of thread." Marlene adds getting up.

Now it's just me and Tris.

After a few moments of painfully awkward silence, Tris pipes up, "So Four, what's up?"

I try my best to keep my voice from wavering. I didn't need her to know how nervous she made me, "Nothing much, what about you?"

"Nothing," Tris shrugs her shoulders. After a while, Tris sets down her prop and says, "I don't know much about you Four, tell me about yourself."

That was random, I think to myself. "I don't know much about you either," that was a lie. Tris' life is an open book, but I didn't want to seem creepy.

"I asked first," Tris challenges back.

"How about we play 20 questions?"

"Fine by me, but you're still going first." She says not giving up, I smile at her stubbornness.

"Fine, I am 6 feet and 4 inches tall." I tell her.

"Wow, you are tall."

"Well, I told you something about me, now you tell me something about you."

"OK, technically, your answer didn't really count, but I'll let that one slide," she smirks at me.

"Have you ever had a pet? And if you could what would you want?" I ask her.

"Technically that was two questions," I give her a look, "but whatever. When I was five, I had a pet rock, his name was Rocky, cutest thing in the world. And what I would want, hmm, well it's hard to beat Rocky, but I guess I've always wanted a dog." she finishes.

Note to self, get Tris a dog to woo her. I could really use this game to my advantage.

"Now it's my turn, I'll start easy, what is your favorite color?"

"The color of your eyes," I blurt out without thinking. I mentally kick myself for being such an idiot.

She blushes at my answer, but tries to hide it. "It's your turn." She says trying to change the subject.

"What is your favorite animal?"

"Unicorns, duh." She answers laughing. I roll my eyes at her, but also smile. "Fine, I really like, uh, ok don't judge, chickens."