Chapter 14

Ok, so I was re-reading through this story, and I realized that I made a huge mistake. I had numbered the chapters wrong on my doc, so it turns out that I had completey forgotten about a whole chapter. 

This one.

This chapter was actually Chapter 14 but instead I had published Chapter 15 as 14 even though 14 was supposed to go before and 13 is still 13 but now 15 is 16 and even though this is the 16th chapter I've published, it's Chapter 14. Got it? And I actually really like this chapter so I still can't believe that I forgot it.

 I am so sorry about the mixup and any confusion that the incorrect order of the chapters might have caused you. And if you are reading this, you are a true fan. I can not believe how long it took me to realize my mistake. But thank you so much for sticking with me.

You're all amazing!

Four POV

"I thought I'd find you in here."

I cautiously walk forward as to not get elbowed in the ribs like last time. Tris turns around from the oor punching bag that she was currently beating up to face me. The second she sees me her face lights up and she jumps on me in a hug. I wrap my arms around her, and just take in the moment.

We are not officially dating. Zeke and Uriah would never allow it. But in moments like this, we just can't resist the urge to jump into each other's arms.

"You do realize that Zeke works in the control room right? We can't keep doing this." I remind Tris, as we break apart from each other's arms.

"It's already lunchtime, do you really think that Zeke is actually working?" Tris asks me with a raised eyebrow.

I laugh, she does make a good point. "Speaking of lunch, you wanna go and get some?" I ask, holding out my arm.

"I would love too." She links her arm in mine. We're almost out the door when Tris realizes that she forgot to grab her gear. I wait as she runs off to go clean up.

Tris is wearing an old black tank top, with faded out words. Dark blue shorts that hang loosely off her, and end just a few inches off of her mid-thigh. Black and blue sneakers, the laces barely being able to be held together. Her cheeks are tinted with pink from exhaustion, providing a natural blush look. There is not a single trace of makeup on her face. And her golden hair is tied up in a messy bun on top of her head. No matter what she's doing, what she's wearing, Tris will always be perfect in my eyes.

Definitely out of my league. But seriously though, she has a whole league of her own. Tris is the dream that's too good to be true. I sigh, if only her brothers could realize that she can take care of herself. I've only known Zeke and Uriah for about a year, and I already know that that's never going to happen.

"Okay, I'm ready!" Tris' voice brings me out of my thoughts. She smiles at me, and I take her hand in my mine.

"So how's leader training been going?" Tris asks, making small talk.

I shrug, "Meh, I don't know. I don't think that being a leader is for me."

Tris frowns, "Why not?"

"I mean I guess it's okay and all, but, I..I just don't know at this point." I don't mention how if I become leader, I'll have to come face-to-face with my father. And I know that I'm definitely not ready for that yet. "There's also a lot of paperwork," I add.

Tris playfully slaps my arm. "Oh come on, you don't want to help people? Make rules? Don't you want to change the Dauntless initiation? Don't get me wrong I love my faction," Tris stops and looks at me with those big, round eyes of hers, the ones that seem to be able to see into me. Know my every thought. "This isn't a safe place. I've heard stories from Zeke, this whole beating-each-other-up-thing? I mean come on, how does that even show bravery at all?"

I gulp, I never wanted to be a leader in the first place. It was Max who had urged me to just "try it out", he had told me about how he wanted me to ready my full potential. I was the highest scoring initiate after all, he saw things in me that don't actually exist. I'm nothing but a coward. I can't even protect Tris from her own initiation. "I guess I'll keep trying, maybe I'll learn to like it," I lied.

Tris smiles at me, the smile that I know and love. She stands on tippytoes and leans in to give me a quick peck on the cheek. "C'mon, I'm starving. Let's go get lunch."

We hurry into the lunch line before they run out of Dauntless Cake. The demand has grown even higher since that performance of ours.

Tris and I walk over to our table, "accidentally" bumping into each other and brushing hands. Just as we sit down, Zeke comes rushing towards us, a gigantic smile plastered on his face. "Guess what?!" He screeches, slamming his hands down on the table.

I calmly take a bite out of my burger, used to Zeke's overexcitement and loud screaming. "What?"

Zeke puts a hand on my arm and turns me towards a group of girls chatting and going on their phones. Most of them are wearing tight, black clothes that barely cover their bodies, and high heels so tall it must be impossible to walk in them. They all have on a great deal of makeup, and I can smell their perfume all the way from here. One of them has on so much lipstick I thought she was bleeding. Another has two sparkling, purple circles for eyes. Definetly not my type.

I raise an eyebrow. "Ok?"

"You see that girl over there?" Zeke points over towards a girl who seems to be the "leader". She's sitting down in the center of their group, and I can almost see an aura of arrogance surrounding her. Zeke shoves two pieces of paper on my chest, "I got a date with her, tonight."

I'm genuinely surprised by this, "I thought you were dating Shauna?"

Something flashes through Zeke's eyes, but it disappears so quickly I almost don't even notice yet. Zeke shrugs, "We have sort of an on-off relationship."

I shake my head, not believing it for a second. "Sure. When are you going to be ready to commit Zeke?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Zeke insists, refusing to look me in the eye. "Anyways, are you in or not, dude? Oh and just so you know, there is a correct and wrong answer.

"I still don't see what this has to do with me," I say.

Zeke sighs dramatically, "She'll only go on a date with me, if I find a date for her friend too. So it'll be like a double date."

I glance over at Tris, and see her talking with Uriah. She seems to be busy with their conversation, but I can tell that she's secretly listening to us. She quickly glances over her shoulder for a second and locks eyes with me. I ask her silently for permission and she gives me a shrug before turning around.

I look back at Zeke and he's pleading to me with puppy-dog eyes. "C'mon Four pleaaaaase? I'll owe you one."

I hear my phone make a "ding" sound, and I look down to check it.

Tris: do it

Tris: it's the only way we'll convince everyone that there's nothing between us

Me: i don't know about this

Tris: it's your choice

Me: c'mon help me out here

Me: what if something happens

Tris: i trust you

Something clicked inside of me when I read those three words. Tris trusted me, she was counting on me. And I sure as hell wasn't going to let her down. I turned towards Zeke, my mind made up.

"Fine, I'll do it."

Words: 1211

Fourtris has officially happened (still a bad nickname though)! Don't worry, I will include the double date in the next chapter. Let's just say that someone's gonna regret something. *wiggles eyebrows mischievously*

See ya next time!