Chapter 21

"No!" I cried and ran toward them. They couldn't possibly take Simon when he didn't do anything wrong. I should be taken away. What about his YouTube career? He would never forgive me if he got a strike on his record. Aaron really did ruin everything, even when he wasn't actively trying to.

When I reached them, not actually planning on doing anything but apologize, Simon freed his hand long enough to grab the back of my neck and pull me in for an intense kiss. All I tasted was his blood but I still didn't want it to end. For some reason after all of this Simon couldn't bring himself to hate me. Even though he should.

"Come down to the station, make your statement, and we'll see what happens to your boyfriend and whoever this guy is to you."  the police officers walked away and even though Simon wasn't ashamed of what he did, I bawled my eyes out. In front of me, Simon was being taken away in handcuffs, the only thing I had of him was the blood that he left on my face.

We were forced to leave the park, not that we were planning on staying. Not everyone needed to go, but we all travelled to the station together to get Simon out. JJ kept a close eye on me the entire time, he was driving Simon's Rover since he rode with Josh. If it weren't for him I would have went absolutely mental.

JJ kept looked at me while we were waiting for me to make my statement. "It's not your fault. You didn't choose to be there when Aaron was, no one chooses to be stalked." There was no arguing with that, once upon of time I wouldn't have taken that as an answer but these boys really have changed me. Kelsey used to be a scared, defensive girl that denied all feelings of love. I'm not too different, still the hot headed brat that I've been since birth. They helped me without realizing, Harry, Josh, Vik, Tobi, Ethan.

Even now they're all sitting next to me, worrying over my black eye. Freya hadn't let go of my hand since we left the park. At least they couldn't say their lives were boring. Not when I was around.

"Kelsey Bryers?" A balding man with a beer gut called out.

"That's me," I stood up.

"Follow me." JJ tried coming along which obviously wasn't going to happen. My hands gently pushed him back down on the seat, giving him a small smile before running after baldy. This was the first time ever being in a police station, it was cold and the off while walls were less than inviting. All I could think about was Simon, how uncomfortable he must be. He can't get in that much trouble, can he? It was just a fight.

We turned left into a room with only two chairs and a table bolted to the floor. "Wait there," baldy pointed to one of the seats, leaving before I could ask him any questions. Asshole.

I didn't do anything wrong and still felt like I was being convicted of a crime by the way my hands nervously tapped on the table. This room was a dull gray, made of stone, everything was gray except for the single yellow light handing above my head by a string, flickering every so often.

Seconds felt like hours before the officer from the park, the one that took Simon away from me, came in.  "Ms. Bryers, is it?" My head shook up and down. "My name is Jonas, I'm going to ask you a few questions and get you and me out of here as soon as possible. What is your relationship with Aaron Hartworthy?"

"Nothing," a bitter laugh escaped my lips.  "We dated for a while in high school, have been trying to get away from him since.  He has managed to make my life hell any way he could."

"Expand, please."

"Well, when we were together we did things... He took revealing pictures of me and sent them to everyone in my school." That was the nice way of putting it. "A few weeks later, we saw each other at a party. Aaron got me alone and," I didn't want to talk about it but this could be the justice that the fucking pig deserved. "He forced himself on me, I was about to get away, but only after the damage was done. Then of course there was tonight."