Chapter 25

Vidcon was a lot more stressful than I thought it would be.  Not many Americans knew us like Europeans but they sire liked to take pictures.  This particular event wasn't for any specific genre in Youtube, gamers, vloggers, beauty gurus, we were all joined in this massive event.  I was excited, there were a few people coming that I wouldn't mind meeting at all.  The only problem, finding anyone in this mess of a crowd seemed impossible.

    We, well the "Sidemen" had a booth with all of their merchandise that I was in charge of at the moment.  As usual I was sporting their clothing, modifying it so that it fell above my belly button.  They still hadn't gotten the hint to make more female friendly shorts and shirts.  While everyone else got to walk around I was stuck at the booth, where someone came to every 20 minutes.  When I said my life revolved around these boys, I meant it.

    "Hey," someone said while I was scrolling through my feed on Twitter.  Thinking it was yet another fan I merely glanced up.  That's when my eyes landed on JC Caylen.  He was certainly someone I've watching many videos of.  Not on the level of Simon, but the guy was incredibly handsome.  I was pleased to note that his hair was just as fluffy and curly in person.  Much like mine if not taken care of properly, his looked good though.  It didn't surprise me that he wasn't tall, maybe an inch or two taller than Vik, but it worked for him.

    Quickly I realized that a few seconds had past without me answering, too busy gawking.  Trying to play in cool I responded, "hi! Can I help you with anything?"

    "No," JC laughed, a sound I had a habit of smiling at when hearing it over a screen.  Right now was no exception.  "Actually I recognized you from your videos, Kelsey, right?  Your drunk clown makeup tutorial was so fucking funny." 

    There was no way he actually watched my videos.  This had to be a joke.  "Thank you, it has to be my favorite one so far.  I'm a big fan of your drinking challenges also."

    "Oh, you watch my videos?"  The boy smirked, catching me in my act of not knowing who he was.  Of course I did though.  If you owned a computer you knew who Kian and JC were.  Although, come to think of it, recently I haven't watching anyone but the guys.  It was a depressing thought, not having my own life anymore.  As least when I had no friends I was able to do whatever I wanted.  I supposed I still could, but not without having to tell someone where I was going, who I was hanging out with.  How unsettling. 

    With that thought in my head I stood up straighter and looked into his eyes.  "I've seen a few.  We should get together sometime and make a video, it'd be really fun."

    "Yeah, I came over to talk about that.  How long are you going to be here for?"

    My eagerness deflated the boys already had our plans for the rest of the week sorted out.  "Only a couple more days which sucks, I really like it here."

    "It's really beautiful, I haven't gotten tired of it yet," JC smiled kindly.  "If you like it here hopefully I can convince you to come back for that collab, let me get your number?"

    While I recited my digits to him I hadn't realized Josh and Simon had come back from wherever they were having fun.  Only when I felt Simon's chest press up to my back did I notice their presence, and he was very aware of JC.  I wasn't facing him and could still feel the suspicious daggers he sent toward the innocent guy.  "Hey babe, Josh was coming to take your place so you didn't have to stand here all day," casually flicking his head at JC he said, "what's up?"

    "Not much, just telling Kelsey how funny she is, but I actually have to go, I have a meet up soon.  I'll text you, later."  He waved to the three of us and walked away.  A friend I made by myself without the help of JJ or being affiliated with the Sidemen.  How I longed for him to come back.  Coming here to California again was definitely on my list of things to do, next time on my own terms.