11.

"...mum?" Your eyes widened and your throat went dry. "H-hey sweetie." You looked over at hiriko and your grandma and they looked angry. You felt someone place a hand on your shoulder and you turned to see hiroshi. "I'll explain." You nodded and looked back at your mum since you hadn't seen her since you were 4 when she got divorced before walking off with your sister's boyfriend.

"What's going on onii-chan?" You asked since hiroshi was like a brother to you. "Your mum want to start over with you and hiriko." You weren't exactly sure how you felt about that. You the heard your sister, not necessarily shouting, but talking louder. "You really think it's appropriate to ask us now?! You didn't even come see us before this!"

You peaked your head out the door and listened in. "I'm not going to say, I haven't been the best mum' because I know I'd be lying. I'm horrible! But please. I want to at lease try to make up for what I did even if I can't. I want a second chance."

That last bit peeked your interest. A second chance. Hinata gave you a second chance at making friends and opening up even though you thought no one would. Hiroshi tried to stop you from listening but you quickly left and went back to the living room.

The arguing stopped once you step in and you walked up to your mum. "Mum, you left me and hiriko when we needed you and didn't come back." Your mum looked down ashamed. "If you want another chance...then I'll give it to you." You mum looked up with her eyes full of tears. Hiriko looked shocked but your grandmother was pleased.

You smiled at your mum and continued. "I was given a second chance at making friends so I want to give you one too." You blushed remembering the day you met hinata before turning to your sister. "Nii-san, I know your angry but I know you want to give her a chance too. You just don't want to admit to the fact that you missed her."

She turned around and sniffed while shaking. "Sweetie?" Your mum went up to her and turned her around to see her crying. She hugged her and after some apologies were said your mum asked if she could stay the night which she did.

You went to your room and was just sorting some things when you mum came in and leaned against the door. "So the ginger kid is you boyfriend." She cooed and you blushed. "How-"
"I saw you kiss before you came in." She squealed and you face planted onto your bed in embarrassment. She sat next to you and giggled. "Is he the one you were on about when you said you had a second chance at making friends?" You sat up and nodded. "He seems nice." The two of you started talking more and more about different things before you went to sleep.

The next day you woke up for school with hiriko and hiroshi (who stayed over) and found your mum and grandma making breakfast. Is was nice and since breakfast was prepared you finished early and talked to your mum before heading off. You told hinata what happened and he was really happy that you made up.

Practice was going smoothly when there was a knock on the gym door. Your mum came in and apologised to ukai and takeda for barging in. She then asked if she could talk to hinata. You said she was your mum and so they let him but...hinata was scared out of his mind.

He stood there stiff in front of your mum and outside when started talking. "No need to look frightened." She giggled.
"H-HAI!!" He yelled and your mum laughed. She wiped her tears away and cleared her throat. "I just wanted to thank you."

Hinata loosened a bit and stared at her. "For what?" He asked confused.
"(Y/n) forgave me because of you. You gave her a second chance at life and so she gave me one too." She started tearing and smiled. "Thank you for being there for her hinata." Hinata smiled and said it was no problem. Since practice was going to finish in half an hour, hinata offered her to stay so she could go home with you.

She came in and help out and cleaned up the nets and balls when practice was over with you. Everyone changed and went towards the gate. You all said your goodbyes and hinata turned to you. "Bye (y/n)." He kissed your cheek.
"How about I give you a lift home." Your mum suggested and walked towards the car. He nodded and you and him sat in the back. The car started and your mum drove off. She looked into the mirror and sighed in happiness to see both off you asleep with you leaning in his shoulder and his arm around you.

Thank you hinata.