Chapter 1

I walked down the hall of my house. Yeah, my house. Most teenagers would be excited to live alone, in your own house but, not me. I looked in the mirror of the bathroom. My face was puffy and swollen from the tears. My hair was a mess. I walked into the livingroom and saw a phone on the couch, hasn't been used in years. Maybe I could end this nightmare right now. Maybe, just maybe I could work up the guts to call somebody. Who would I call? CPS? Police? Therapist? No, nothing would work. I changed clothes. Before I put my pants on,I looked at my leg and saw those scars. The scars that would haunt me for the rest of my life. The scars I can't escape. I think about the memories of what happened. The memories that haunt me and wake me up each night. I saw my mother yelling at me. I saw my mom stabbing my dad out of anger. I saw my mom have a mental breakdown. I saw me crying at his funeral, I saw my dad denying everything, I saw... the worst moments of my life. This wasn't fair, I never deserved this. I washed my face and brushed my mattened hair. I wore my hair straight. I put on my hat and grabbed my purse. I walked out the door and took a breath. I somehow found the gray skies and icicles soothing. Nobody ever understood that. But, if they lived my life they would feel the same way. I rode my skateboard to school and stopped it when I saw Miranda talking to the new girl. Maybe she was inviting her to join her clique? No, Miranda would only invite you if you were willing to dye your hair blonde and fail english. This didn't look too good.