Chapter 11: Surprise Slumber Party

"Should we wake her up?" Molly whispered. "No, let her sleep. After all the drama last night she deserves a rest." Jasmine explained. My eyes automatically flickered open to see Jasmine's room. Jasmine was typing on the computer while flipping through a book. Molly was laying down on her stomach on the bed scanning through a magazine. "Look who's up!" Molly said. Jasmine, who was completely preoccupied with what she was doing only stole a quick glance at me. "What are you doing, Jazzie?" I asked curiously. "Researching a paper on Theoretical Physics for Ms. Morrison's class." she said not taking her eyes off the paper. "Isn't that paper due in three weeks?" I asked. "I got bored." Jasmine shrugged. I had a pounding headache. "God, my head hurts." I complained. Molly took my hand and walked me to the medicine cabinet. "Take an Asprin." She said. I got some water and put the pill in my mouth. When we got back Jasmine was finishing her paper. "I hope you don't mind, I started yours for you." Jasmine said smiling. "What happened last night? I fell asleep." I said smirking. Molly and Jasmine giggled. "Nicole and Miranda got drunk, Molly beat up Miranda, and then Ryan carried you to his car and dropped you off here." Jasmine said fastly. I snapped my head to Molly to confirm what she did and she nodded. "Oh! Before you left Miranda attacked Nicole." Jasmine added. "Hmm.." I hummed quietly. "Miranda and Nicole?" I asked unsurely. Jasmine nodded. "I miss all the good stuff!" I said laughing. I started rolling on the bed laughing. I started jumping up and down on the bed still laughing. "Woohoo!" I yelled happily. "I told you giving her that much chocolate was a bad idea." Jasmine said giggling. "I think we should take you home and leave you with your-" Molly began giggling before Jasmine made a cutting motion in front of her neck. I just stood still on my bed biting my lip. "Kayla, are you okay?" Molly asked worried. "Umm..yeah, you know what? I think I really do need to go home." I said softly staring at the floor. As I walked out the door Jasmine ran after me. "Kayla! She didn't know!" Jasmine yelled. I ran down the sidewalk. Why couldn't I just keep running? Seemed like a good way of life. I stopped at a bus stop where a girl a year older than me sat crying clutching on to her Iphone 4s. I sat next to her and calmed her down. "What's wrong?" I asked quietly. She showed her phone to me. From her brother it said "Mom and Dad didn't make it last night. It was a car crash. Sorry. I'll see you later." As she flipped it back I hugged her. "I'm Sarah." She spit out in between sobs. "I-I just don't have enough money for a bus ride home and I don't know what to do!" She cried. A bus came to a stop right in front of us. "Y'all gettin' on?" The driver asked. "Umm..." I said as I reached into my wallet. I handed Evelyn my number and a note saying "If you need to talk". "Yes, she's getting on." I said. I handed the driver the money and sent her off. I kept thinking. Why is everybody dying?