Chapter 16: Ryan's Point of View

I walked home and turned on the tv. The local news was on, like always. The newest headline read: TWO LOCAL GIRLS KIDNAPPED IN THE WOODS. I called Kayla to make sure she was alright. Voice Mail. That's weird..she always answers her phone. I heard the someone knock on the door. "COULD YOU GET THAT?" my mom yelled. "SURE MOM!" I answered. I opened the door. I saw some kids from school. "Did you hear about Kayla?" one of them asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. They showed me a missing sign. My pupils immediately dilated. "MOM! I"M TAKING A WALK!" I yelled. "Excuse me." I said shoving past the kids. I ran to the cemetery. Not there. After a few hours I checked everywhere. I finally took a risk. I entered the jail. "Do you think I could speak to Sarah Clark?" I asked politely. I sat in a chair with a telephone as she walked in and sat in the chair on the other side of the glass. "What do you want?" she asked. "Your daughter went missing." I said. She didn't react. She just rolled her eyes. "Like I care about that spoiled brat. She could be dead for all I care." She hissed. "Why do you hate her so much?" I asked. "I never wanted a daughter." She spit out. "You know what? I think we're done here." I said to the officer. I walked out of there. I ran to the police department. I walked to the desk with the name OFFICER HARK. Besides me,there were two people. They were popular kids, of course. "Have you found any new leads?" I asked. "No, we haven't." He answered. "Look, we just have to get Miranda out of there and the problem will be solved." one of them said. "Oh yeah? What about Kayla?" I asked. "Who cares?" the other one said. Now I was furious. "I CARE! Kayla has just as much right to come home as Miranda!" I yelled. Why didn't anyone care about her? Was I the only one? "Look dude, we'll see what we can do about your girlfriend but the first person we're saving is Miranda." he said shrugging. I stormed of outside and started to run. If they wouldn't find her, I would....