Chapter 15: The Kidnapping

I left Sarah and Allison to talk at my house. As I walked down the street I saw Ryan getting a snowcone. "Kayla!" he yelled running to me. He picked me up, spun me, and put me back down. "Hey, I forgot to give you this invite from Miranda." he said handing me a sheet of paper. It was pink and was in a cursive-like font. "Umm..thanks?" I said unsurely. "I'm not going but you can." He said. I quickly ran home to the garage. I picked up my skateboard and rode to the address. I didn't need to double check when I saw a huge mansion. There was a pool in the back with laughing and screaming kids. Miranda who was wearing a pink bikini and matching manicure and pedicure walked over to me from the back. "Hmmm.." I hummed when she got close. "Don't you always get invited to these parties?" she asked. "Yes, but I never show up. I'm actually just wondering whether we should be enemies or friends today." I asked. "Come awn Kayla. Let's just act like friends for once." She said sipping some cherry coke. "I could if only it weren't for...you know." I said gesturing toward the three popular kids glaring at me. "If only...you know, you're always welcome to join our group." She said gesturing to the pool. "What's the initiation? Losing half your IQ points?" I asked. She glared at me. "Why the hell did you invite me here anyway?" I asked. "Look, I need to talk to you..." she said sternly. She looked around watching the teenagers scattered around the lawn. "But not here...follow me." she whispered. We walked into the woods. I heard Miranda moan a few times as she stepped through the mixture of crumbled leaves and dirt. "I know-" she started. "Wait.." I hissed. I heard the noise of a truck rumbling. "I think we're being watched." I whispered. The noise came closer and I spotted the black truck. A guy in a black jacket and jeans walked closer to us. I saw a friend dressed exactly the same follow him. "You girls need a ride?" he asked. "We're fine." I spit out. I glared at the dark figure. "Look, are we going to have to do this the hard way or the easy way?" he asked. "Leave us alone." Miranda whimpered. The guy drug out a hammer and knocked us out. All I saw was black.