Ratchet X Reader

It was just another regular day at the autobot base

It was just another regular day at the autobot base. No alarms, no energon activity. Just boring old silence... especially with Miko and Bulkhead at a concert and Jack and Arcee Somewhere. So now it was just you, Ratchet, and Optimus who was in recharge at the moment.

Lately the autobot leader had been extremely stressed, so Ratchet had forced him to get some rest, while you read books and Ratchet worked on different projects.

At first you wanted to know what he was working on and had asked him. But then he scoffed and waved his hand at you.

"As if you would understand the cybertonian body and the philosophy of creating energon naturally from our bodies." He said in a cold and sarcastic tone, one so sarcastic that you could feel the sting.

By now you were getting really bored, and had seen Ratchet looking at his synthetic energon again. Maybe he had wanted to test it out again, just hopefully not on himself this time.

Before you knew it you saw a large object flying towards you as you stood near the cabinets, looking at the placement of the synthetic energon.

You looked up, not waiting a second to duck and cover your head, bracing yourself for the impact of the metal object. Yet, it never came. Ratchet was sprawled out on the floor, covering your smaller frame with his own large figure, a small dent in the side of his head.

"Are you alright (Y/n)?" He asked with concern slightly laced in his voice.

"Y-yes... but you have a dent in the side of your head..." you pointed out as Ratchet sat up and touched the side of his head.

"Scrap..." he mumbled as he huffed and rambled on to himself about the dent and other things as you chuckled, gaining his attention for a moment.

He looked toward you with a scowl before you looked back up at him with a gentle and soft smile. "Thank you, Ratchet..." you said as his faceplate became a slight tint of blue.

"Yeah, yeah, your welcome.." he grumbled as he continued to ramble, the blue blush, never leaving his face.