He's My Mate! Chapter 3

Chapter 3: WTF??

"I...uhm...I tried knocking but there was no answer and the door was...unlocked." Mr Garner said while I just stood at the bottom of the stairs,still wondering what he was doing here. I can't believe I was that deep in thoughts to have not heard him knock.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him,still stunned.

"Oh...me and my fiancee just moved in two blocks away. And I figured since we are gonna be neighbors,I should come say...hi?..." he looked at me eyebrows raised.

"Did you just say fiancee?" that was definitely unexpected. I didn't even know how I felt about that statement,but wait...am I suppose to be feeling anything?

"Yeah...she's currently on a business trip in South Africa." he stated plainly. He then took a few steps towards me, his eyes trained on mine. He could be so intimidating. I was burning under his blazing eyes, and he had no intentions of looking away.

"uhm...do you maybe want a glass of water." I asked him as I walked to the kitchen,trying as hard as I could to avoid his gaze and be as far away from him as possible. I took two glasses and filled them with ice cold water.

Mr Garner must have followed me into the kitchen 'cause when I turned around,he was leaning on the door frame,hands crossed on his chest. I was so edgy that I dropped one of the glasses,caught off guard by his mesmerizing presence. This guy's effect on me was beyond words and I just met him today.

Could he be my mate?? No,No way. I can't think like that.

"Are you okay...?" He walked over towards the kitchen counter, concern perched on his face.

"Ye..ah...I'm okay. Sorry about this." I put the other glass on top of the counter and leaned down to pick up the glass pieces,avoiding his eyes completely.

Bad idea!

He hurriedly came to my side of the counter and held my hands away from the broken glass.

He pulled me up and our eyes met, with my wrist held tightly in his hands and I knew right then, the connection I've been denying to feel towards him was in vain. What The Fuck is this guy doing to me?

"I...don't wa-nt you to hurt yourself." he stuttered,our eyes not departing. When he didn't let go of my wrists, I was convinced that he might have felt the same way as I did and for a second there I felt...right?

"uhm...sure." I quickly took my hands out of his and took a step backwards, breaking the eye contact.

"I'm just gonna take something to clean this up,i'll be back." I turned,walking out of the kitchen and to the closet which held cleaning equipment. I took a few deep breaths to try and calm myself. This was definitely torturous. Couldn't he have been one of those uncaring neighbors?

I returned to the kitchen to find him standing beside the table,hands in his pockets,was that confusion I saw on his face?

I smiled at him lightly,walking over to where the broken glasses were and bend down to clean them up.