He's My Mate! Chapter 32

Chapter 32: Sobs.

''Uhm...I..uh...can we just go now please?'' I took a step backward,making his hands drop from my hips.

I averted my gaze from him to avoid his reaction,but I could feel the atmosphere getting more tense and awkward with each passing second.

''Uh sure.I'll just get...uhm,my bag...'' he said pointing to his table. I couldn't see exactly how his reaction was as I was looking down.

I took my bag from where I was seated and hung it over my shoulder before following Jonathan out of the class.

It was really awkward and I was so uncomfortable. I really wish I could call James to come pick me up,but that would only make matters worse,so I decided against it.

We got to the parking lot and I followed him to his car,all this time I stayed behind him and he kept his head down at all times.. Gosh I really think he should've thought about all this before he decided to just drop the bomb on me,but then again I can't blame him.

My mind was about to explode as he opened the door for me. He gestured for me to get in and I did so,giving him a sad smile which he returned without even looking at me.

As he started the engine,I thought of starting a conversation but nothing came to my mind,so I decided to just settle for the awkward silence in the car.

I glanced outside the window,thinking of how things are gonna be from now on. I mean the guy just told me he loved me oh...he thought he loved me.To be honest that was just kind of big for me.

I know I should be all excited because my mate finally loves me...but what if he doesn't love the real me.

The car ride seemed to be going slowly and after what seemed like forever we pulled out of our street,I took a sigh of relief...finally,I thought to myself.

As the car came to a stop in front of my house,I looked over at Mr Garner and he was still avoiding my gaze,which made things even more difficult.

''Uh....thanks.'' i mumbled a little,not intentionally though,it just came out like that.He nodded. I unbuckled my seat belt and as I was about to open the door,''Charlene...I'm sorry.'' he said as I was about to walk out.

I glanced back at him,and god was he so handsome. I smiled.

''Don't be.'' I replied and left the car.

####

''Hey Jess...I...uh...need to talk to you,so if you could just call me back when you get this message I'd really appreciate it...bye.'' I hung up the phone and threw it to my bed.

I was really confused,and worried...and a little bit scared. I didn't know what to do or what to think,I thought of calling James but then I remembered how inquisitive he can be and truth is,I really needed to talk to somebody about what happened today.

I'm not usually the one to share my problems with anybody but this was just a bit too much for me...

I paced around my room,not knowing exactly what to do.

After Jonathan had dropped the ''L''word on me,much to my astonishment,I tried as hard as I could to be calm about it but I just couldn't.