He's My Mate! Chapter 27

Chapter 27: We need to talk.

''How do I look?'' I asked my mom for the millionth time since I put the dress on. We were now back from shopping and I must say,it was really nice catching up with my mom although we didn't talk about anything out of the ordinary,just random stuff. She even suggested that I should get back with James which I told her was not possible. Somehow she still thinks I want him back,she's convinced that he may be my mate...too bad I know who my mate is.

''For the millionth time,you look great. The dress really fits perfectly.'' my mom said putting on her make-up.

I was really nervous. I tried asking my mom several times if I could stay behind,but she wouldn't agree,so I stopped complaining. After all,it'll only be for a few hours since we have to be back before it gets dark.

I was wearing a dark purple strapless dress which fell mid thigh,with black sandals and my hair was tied in a bun. I never really liked leaving my hair down,I always preferred it in a pony tail.

Why? I don't know.

''Are you ready to get going?'' my mom asked. I just looked at her and walked past her without saying anything and went downstairs.

''Ugh come on sweetheart,how bad can this be. It's not like you don't get along with Mr Garner or Julia. They're amazing people,I'm sure you'll be fine.'' she followed me downstairs as she spoke. I really hated my mom some times.

''Whatever mom. Let's just get this over with.'' I walked to the kitchen and took a glass of water,taking it all down at once.

''Okay,let's go.'' I said as I followed my mom out of the house.

For some reason,my mom decided to take the car instead of walking,even though it was only four blocks away.

''So what's Mr Garner like as a teacher?'' my mom asked as we pulled out of the garage.

''Cool I guess.'' I shrugged and glanced outside the window.

I guess my mom got the message and stopped talking to me. I really wasn't in the mood to talk,especially about Mr Garner. After what happened yesterday,I don't even know what to think. I know for a fact that it's gonna be awkward seeing him,gosh I really do hate my mom for putting me through this,then again she doesn't even have a hint about my issues with him.

My phone vibrated in my hand and when I checked,I saw that it was a text from James.He wanted to meet tonight.

''Is it okay if I go with James to the forest tonight?'' I asked my mom.

''Sure,why not.''she wiggled her eyebrows at me. Now that's more like my mom. Canada was really giving us a fresh start,my mom was becoming more like the mother I used to have before we Lost dad and that made me the happiest person on earth.

I rolled my eyes at her and texted James back.

The car came to a halt and I noticed that we had arrived at the 'Amazing Garners' as my mom call them.

''Ready?'' she looked at me.

''Yeah,let's go.'' we exited the car and I also noticed that there were several cars outside their yard,which meant that there might be a lot of people inside.

I took a deep breath before following my mom inside after she had rang the bell. My mom couldn't stop smiling.

We were greeted by Julia,who was wearing a white floral dress,that revealed her perfectly shaped body and her long beautiful legs. The woman was such a goddess. Sometimes I hate myself for even thinking that I could beat that,but to be honest for me it wasn't about the looks,I guess if maybe Mr Garner could see me....there I go again. I just keep hurting myself by thinking of him but it's not like I can help it.