He's My Mate! Chapter 20

Chapter 20: You're a What?

Charlene's POV

"Oh my God!!!" a familiar female voice exclaimed from behind. I turned around to meet Jessica's astonished face with her mouth wide open,disbelief written all over her face. Shit!

"Uh...I-uh-I..." I stuttered not knowing what to say. I think I was spinning, or maybe the world was spinning. 

I'm so fucked!

"Miss Learmonth...it's not what it looks like..." Mr Garner spoke,he still had his hand wrapped around my waist and for some reasons it felt right but it was not the time to think about any of that. I've just been caught kissing my teacher,who so happen to be engaged.

"Oh..."was all Jess said. She looked at the hand which was wrapped around my waist and her eyes grew even bigger. She was so angry,I could feel it. She looked like she had just seen the unthinkable, then again, a teacher making out with her student isn't exactly thinkable.

"Oh...I-" Mr Garner removed his hand from around my waist like he wasn't even aware that he had it there. He looked so pale and regretful. 

"Look Jess,this is not what you think it is,I can explain." I pleaded with her as she kept shaking her head in disbelief,she was really disgusted by all this and I could see it on her face.

Maybe it's time I told her the truth.

"Please do!"she spit the words out. She really was mad, disappointed and just really not happy with what she had discovered and I didn't blame her. 

"I think you should go..." I took a glance at Mr Garner pleadingly and he seemed lost for a second. "Jonathan you should leave." I brushed his arm slightly, begging him to comply. He nodded his head, a bit hesitant and headed for the door,looking at Jess on his way out and she just gave him a disapproving look.

After we heard the door close,indicating that Mr Garner has left,I walked to Jess,"Before you say anyth-" she cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

"You are such an idiot! A timeless fucking idiot."She spat at me.

I gasped at her words,did she really just call me that? I wanted to scream at her because she was judging me without giving me a chance to explain myself and yet I knew I couldn't blame her.

"You haven't even been here for two weeks and already you're fucking one of your teachers,what kind of a person are you?" I opened my mouth to protest but nothing came out. She was right. 

"Are you not even aware that the guy is engaged? How stupid and ignorant can you be? I cannot believe that for a second I thought you were decent,I guess I was so mistaken. You know I never took you to be-"

"For fuck sake Jessica,the guy's my mate!" I cut her off,unable to take her judgments anymore. She was not only angering me, but something else inside was raging. I knew if she kept going like that, i was going to launch myself at her, or rather, my wolf was going to do the part. 

I was getting angrier by each word she spat out.

"What the hell are you on about? Charlene that guy is getting married, but even if he wasn't, he is your teacher!" she was trying to rationalize with me,and yet she was still upset.

I took a deep breath,bracing myself for what I was about to do. My wolf seemed to agree to what I was thinking of doing.

"I...I.._hm.. I'm a werewolf and that guy you found me kissing is my mate."I took a pause." You don't know a shit about me,so you have no right coming here judging me,what kind of a friend does that huh?" My voice got louder, but I refrained from screaming at her. 

"What the Fuck are you talking about? What do you mean you're a werewolf?" she asked puzzled.

"I mean I'm a werewolf..." I said calming down,throwing my hands up in exasperation. "And yeah, I know I sound like I lost my brains right now, but whether you believe me or not is up to you." I think i was crying. I was just tired of all the mess. So much for a new start. 

"Holy-shit!" she took a step backwards,obviously shocked and not believing what I just said.

"You...are...like-can you shift into a wolf?" She asked perplexed and I just nodded.

I could feel my eyes fill up with tears. Scared of losing her. Scared of her telling the whole world and destroying Jonathan's reputation. I was more worried about him than I was about myself. 

"Bloody hell Charlene!" she looked at me curiously,"You're joking right?"her eyes narrowed at me.

"Jess...I just-" This was definitely not how i had planned on revealing such information to her. 

"Prove it!" She looked at me expectantly. Angry Jess was gone, the curious cat Jess was on full mode. 

"The growls,the dark eyes,the fast movements..." I replied,wanting to cry but held back with all my might. 

"No,no,no,you're joking,that's not true!" she denied,shaking her head,emphasizing her denial.

"I mean,it can't be...you can't be!" she continued.

She looked beyond frightened and was taking steps backwards.

Instinctively I growled,revealing my fangs to her,my eyes dark,not from anger or anything,but it seemed like my inner being was definitely trusting Jess.

"Oh shit!!!" she exclaimed,stumbling backwards and falling to the floor as fear displayed all over her face.

"Please don't hurt me...!" Jess cried,trying hard to get up but failing miserably,as she was shaking.

Her eyes were literally popping out of their sockets.

I looked at her and for a second I felt sorry for her,she wrapped her arms around herself protectively,she couldn't stop shaking.

I couldn't help but burst out into fits of laughter.

"This is not funny!" she cussed at me.

I went over to her to help her up,offering her my hand,she looked at it,hesitating for some time before taking it. I pulled her up,and she immediately threw her hands around me,hugging me tightly. She was shaking terribly and I stroked her back,my features getting back to normal.

We pulled apart after she composed herself.

"Are you crying?" I asked holding back my laughter,as seriously scared as she was,I've never seen her that frightened and it cracked me up. It's not like I was this big bad wolf who was gonna eat her alive.

She shook her head,staring into my eyes.

"So you are..." she finally spoke.

"Yes Jess,I'm a monster." I replied.

"No,you're not a monster,it's just that,it was a bit of a shock to me..you know. " I nodded,taking her hand and leading us to the couch.

"So werewolfs do exist?" she asked as we sat down and I braced myself for the longest interrogation I've ever had in my life time. She seemed like she couldn't believe all this.

"And he's..."

"He's my mate. Mr Garner,my Chemistry teacher is my mate." I finished for her.

"How long have you known?"

"Since the first day we met."

"Does he know?"

"No and he's not about to know,now or ever and so is everyone else,except for you." she nodded and I believed her.

"So...mates huh?" she smiled for the first time since she got in the house.

"YES jess,mates. As in soul-mates,life partners,he's like the other half of me and me his."

"Then what about Julia?"

"Well,he's human so he doesn't know anything about all this mating stuff."

"And the kiss?"

Now where do I start...

A/N:Vote and comment please.