He's My Mate! Chapter 17

Chapter 17:He's wasted

"A pony tail....really Charlene?" Jess rolled her eyes at me.

It's been an hour since she arrived and for the past half an hour, she's been pestering me about changing my hair style.

Luke and James were to pick us up in less than 30 minutes and since Jess had managed to get herself ready in less than 20 minutes,she had insisted on helping me get ready.

I told her about James and for some reasons,she seem to think that I have to 'dress to kill' just so I could impress him,talking about how we are meant to be and all that. I had actually expected her to not be okay with the whole vendetta, but she was convinced that guys like James never noticed girls like her. A part of me felt sorry for her, because she genuinely liked the guy.

"Come sit so I can fix your hair..." Jess pointed at the chair in front of the mirror.

"Is this really necessary? Jess I like my hair just as it is." I retorded,but of course it was a waste of time,you can never say no to her.

I sat down and she started fiddling with my hair.

After a moment she asked something which had my whole body tense. "So what exactly is going on between you and Mr G?" she asked.

I looked at her from the mirror and I could read suspicion painted all over her face. This couldn't be good.

"What do you mean?" I really was not looking forward to this conversation,I thought to myself.

"I don't know...he was being all inquisitive about you today..." Jess said.

"What did he say?"

"You mean what did he ask? Everything,and that to me was kinda weird..." she shrugged.

A car horn sounded from the outside.

"That should be them boys...let's go clubbing dudette!" Jess squeeled,clapping her hands together.

"All done,let's bounce!" Jess wiped her hands,taking her clutch bag and exitting my room as I followed behind her.

I was wearing the purple skirt I had bought earlier which was way too mini for my liking,but Jess insisted on it. I regretted buying the damn thing. I had a white tank top on and Jess had let my hair fall on the side of my face,tying it loosely from behind.I did not like high heels,so I had on my flat sandals.

Jess rushed to the car as I locked the door and hurried after her.

I looked at James and he immediately looked away. I went to the other side of the car,sharing the backseat with Luke who was grinning wildly at me...the guy really smiled a lot or perhaps he just liked me a lot. Either way, I was not complaining.

"Are you guys ready for the best night of your lives?" Jess asked from the front seat.

James just chuckled a little and me and Luke rolled our eyes.

James started the car,and Jess being Jess squealed loudly,causing all of us to glare at her. With James being this awkward, I doubted we were going to have any fun.

James turned on the radio,probably to shut Jess up. Although he liked making her blush by complimenting her,Jess knew that he was only doing it for the fun of it.

After twenty minutes of a silent ride,we finally arrived at the club.

"So who's gonna drive us back if we're all planning on getting drunk." Luke asked.

"I will." I offered raising my hand.

"Are you sure?" Jess asked and I nodded reassuringly,besides I didn't like getting drunk at all. Always in control.

We entered the club from the back door. It turns out Luke was a friend of one of the guards so they let us in without any hassles. The nerd was friends with a club guard, what the hell?

I've never been in a club before and I definitely didn't intend on coming back. The music was too loud and everywhere you looked people were either making out or getting laid,which in my opinion was revolting. If it wasn't some guy stumbling and making a fool of himself, it was some girl being dragged out of the club unconscious. What a circus!

"Let's go get drinks." James suggested and Luke shook his head,going to the dance floor. Jess followed after him and now inevitably I was left alone with James.

I nodded and we went to sit at the bar,he ordered a beer and I settled for a coke. Call me weird, but I was convinced alcohol was not for everyone.

"Wanna dance." James asked after we had finished our drinks in an awkward silence,not at once looking at each other.

"Uh-sure,why not..."I shrugged and he offered me his hand as we moved to the dance floor. The music pumping loudly.

Flo Rida's Club can't handle me was pounding out loud as James turned me around,holding my hips and smiling lightly.

"We cool right..." fortunately I was able to read his lips and make out what he was saying through the loud music, I nodded. If it took him a beer to have the guts to talk to me, then so be it.

The tension immediately disappeared as my favorite song came playing, Taio Cruz Dynamite.

We danced for a while,just enjoying each other's company until he pushed me closer to him,grinding my hips against his,making me totally uncomfortable. Not because he was too close, but because I knew why he was too close. I had no issues with intimate dancing whatsoever if it was innocent, but I knew that if I led James on, it wouldn't be fair on neither of us.

"I think I need fresh air,will be back." I told him speaking loudly and his smile fell,but I ignored it and headed outside.

I took in the cold fresh air from outside the club,taking a seat on a lone bench. There was a couple making out at the far corner, they could have been having sex for all I care. Why were people so explicit when drunk?

"Aren't you too young to be in a club?"

A male voice spoke from behind.

I turned around to meet Mr Garner's intoxicating eyes. Leaning against a wall,looking at me with a smirk on his face. Damn he was really sexy. If only he could lose the grin for once, maybe there was a shot I might forget about him...or not. Not even that could ever erase him from my thoughts.

He was holding a can of beer in his hand. I didn't reply,just stared at him,wondering what he was doing here.

"What?! Aren't you gonna answer me?" he asked,his voice a bit husky, and slurry.

He tried walking towards me,but stumbled forward and fell face first to the ground. He was definitely drunk. Too drunk.

And drunken Mr Garner was a klutz.