He's My Mate: Chapter 14

Chapter 14: No bunking!

"Come on and join us." I urged James dragging him to our table. Jess and Luke were still surprised and they followed us to the table.

"Guys, this is Jamie. This is Jessica and Lucas." I introduced them as I took a seat.

"Jamie!!?" they both replied at the same time, a little shocked. What the hell was going on with them?

"Really?" James replied smiling at me.. I knew he hated the nickname so I just looked at him laughing lightly. I don't think I have ever felt so happy since arriving here.

"Still hate it?" I asked picking my sandwich from the plate and shoving it in my mouth.

"Oookay...what's going on?" Jess asked unable to hold her suspicions in any longer.

"Jamie and I..."

"Charlene and I..."

We said in unison,"You go first." I told him, taking a sip of my drink.

Jess and Luke were still startled, waiting for an explanation.

I took a look around and noticed that Mr Garner had left the cafeteria, his lunch left untouched on the table.

Odd...or is it jealousy?

For some reasons I felt like I owed him an explanation, but I waved the thought away, looking back at James. I was not going to let Jonathan ruin my day.

"Well, me and Charl used to date. But it was a long time ago..." James explained.

"Charlene you are such an ass, you've only been here for what? Two days and already you're dating one of the school's most wanted guy, what's your secret?" Jess blurted out.

I looked at James at the same time he was looking at me and we both burst into laughter.

"It's not like that Jessy..." James said, calming himself down from our little out burst.

"Oh my...you know my name?" Jess cut James off as he was trying to explain.

The idea of James being popular really unsettled me. Back in the Chicago he was just another random guy. My random guy. The only thing that made him a bit noticeable was because he played football and most of the students who knew him were from our pack.

I guess a lot has changed after three years.

"Jess, it was three years ago." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Let me get this straight, you used to date this guy?" Luke asked pointing at James. The whole thing seemed to have taken him aback.

"Actually yeah. She was my girl." James wrapped his arms around my shoulder proudly, making me look at him smiling happily.

"Oh-kay. This is weird." Jess looked at us, then Luke and back at us.

"Not really,Charl's father used to train me."

James said and my whole body stiffened when he mentioned my dad.