He's My Mate! Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Let's Go Clubbing!

After James had left,I just sat down on the couch staring blankly at the ranting television in front of me.

James was a good guy,there was no denying it. We had good times together and I would be lying if I said I never loved him. He might not have been able to give me completion or wholeness,but he made feel special and appreciated. He knew me more than anyone I've ever been close to.

But,after Mr Garner,I know for sure that what me and James shared can never be enough for me.

James had always told me about how he doesn't believe in mates,he'd always say that for him,loing was a choice one makes. I used to believe in what he was saying but now that I actually came in contact with my mate,I know for a fact that soulmates do exist.

I heard the door opening and closing,"Charlene are you home?" my mom asked loudly.

"Yeah,I'm here." I replied.

My mom came in,putting her bag on the table.

"You're back so early..." I said,picking up the remote control and switching the channel.

"Yeah,I know. I'm going on a business trip on Sunday and will be back on Friday. I'll also be working at a friend's tonight. Will you be okay on your own?" my mom said.

"Of course,but I'm gonna miss you..." I said shrugging,as my mom sat down next to me.

"Are you sure? 'Cause if you don't want me to go,I'll stay."

"Mom,I'll be fine." I assured her.

"What do you want for supper?" my mom asked smiling. I knew that her work was the only thing keeping her sane. Without her job,I don't think she would have survived the past eight months.

"Make me anything that will taste good." I told her and she chuckled a bit. I guess things are getting better with her,my mom was coming back, slowly but surely and nothing made me more happier.

"I'll be up in my room,call me when dinner's ready." I told my mom,heading upstairs to my room.

"Will do." she replied from the kitchen.

I got to my room,took off my clothes and put on my shorts and baggy t-shirt.

My phone buzzed from the bed and it was a text message from a number I didn't recognise.

'Im rly sorry abt earlier,it ws so stupid of me and I hpe I ddn't ruin any chnces of us bn frnds.

James'

The text read.

I hesitated for a minute before replying.

'It's ok. and dnt worry,we'll always b frnds'

I pressed the send button.

I went into the bathroom to wash my face. I turned on the music player,singing along to Taylor Swift's.

It was funny how I just got lost in her music,whenever I was listening to her,my whole world just seem alright, somehow.

Crazier came playing and my mind drifted off to Mr Garner. I really hated calling him that...but I guess I had no choice.

The guy was really driving me crazy, and that in itself was an understatement,he's my mate after all.

I started singing along the chorus,remembering the second time we kissed and how his hands had felt on my body,how soft and mesmerising his lips were and how good it felt to have him react the way he did to my body pressed against his.

'You lift my feet off the ground

You spin me around

You make me crazier,crazier

Feels like I'm falling in love

I'm lost in your....' How strange and intriguing it was that music could capture our thoughts and feelings so perfectly.

My singing was cut off by my mom.

"Sweetheart dinner's ready." my mom said peeking through my bedroom door,smiling when she noticed me holding the comb,singing loudly.

"I'll be down now now." I said.

"I'll be leaving in a sec,see you tomorrow." my mom said walking away.

"Bye mom."

After I had tied my hair in a pony tail...as usual,I went downstairs to have diner and my mom had already left.

After dinner I settled for home-works,and a tea afterwards. I sat down in front of the T.V,watching cartoons. And quickly I drifted off to sleep.

#############

When I woke up the next day,I checked the time on my phone and it was two hours before school.

Two things I was certain of when my eyes met the sunlight.

Number one,I was not up for school today,although it was my first week.

Number two,I felt tired,very tired and lastly,being absent won't kill me,but if my mom found out,it would be totally the opposite. Three things, but whatever. Bottom line, school sucked and all I wanted to do was curl into a ball, lay on my couch and just binge.

I picked up my phone,texting Jess and notifying her about how I was not feeling well and all that shit.

She texted me back,saying I should get well soon 'cause she will be picking me up later.

I was not really up for clubbing but with Jess,I had no choice.

I went back to sleep,getting up three hours later. I decided to go to a restaurant to have breakfast. If there was one thing I sucked at, it was school.

I didn't go out too often,not because I didn't like it but I had no reason to.

I had breakfast in a small restaurant at the mall,then decide to spoil myself a little by going shopping. I bought a dark purple skirt and and a matching top,with flat sandals and some random clothing I knew I would never wera, but because I had a free day. I couldn't resist.

After all the fun I went home and when I got there,it was already school out and I knew that Jess was gonna be here any second.

I went upstairs to take a long cold shower,bracing myself for the worst night of my life...or at least I thought.