He's My Mate! Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Goodbye!

Jonathan Garner's POV

I ran after Charlene into the house but before I could catch up,she was already gone. she was realy fast,was she an athlete or something. I turned to walk back into the house,keeping my head down. I wonder why she ran out like that,maybe it's because of Logan.

I walked into someone as I was not watching where I was going. ''Thank go I found you,I've been looking all over for you.'' Julia spoke.

''Rosslyin has left,haven't you seen her daughter?'' She asked.

I don't know what happened or what went wrong but for some reasons I no longer feel what I thought I felt for her. It was like a sudden realisation of something new to me.

I smiled at her,''She just left. So what did you want?''I replied,trying to sound interested.

''They wanted to take family photos and you and Logan were nowhere to be found.''

''We were just in my study.''I replied,deciding to cut my words short to avoid lying to her. I didn't like the fact that I had to pretend to her but I didn't wanna crush her. She was just so fragile and innocent,vulnerable in a very...affectionate way.

''Well let's go then.'' she held my hand and dragged me outside. Everyone was laughing and talking happily,all excited for the wedding which I'm not even certain I wanna go through with.

I smiled as my mother walked to me and and Julia,smiling happily.

''If it isn't our two love birds..''my mom spoke as she reached over to us. Julia wrapped her hand around me,resting her head on my chest.

''Awww,you two are perfect for each other. Let me call Jack to take a photo of you too,don't move.'' My mom spoke excitedly. She was realy happy for me.

I remember when I told her I was engaged to Julia,she practically jumped on me.

''Is it realy necessary mom?''I groaned.

''Yes it is,I want a photo of you two.''

''Mom don't you think you have more than enough photos of us?''I wonder why I keep bothering to disagree with her,she always wins.

''oh Jon don't be so difficult,now where is that Jack?''

Julia chuckled slightly into my chest,raising her head to looka t me,giving me a peck on the lips.

The rest of the day passed on pretty quickly,with me putting on my fake smile to hide my worries for Charlene. Logan kept trying to drag me inside the house to 'talk' but I didn't give him the chance,but now that everyone's left,I have no choice. The wedding was in two weeks and all my friends and family seem to be excited for it,except for me. I didn't even know how to react around Julia,I mean as much as I wanted to be with her,after Charlene,I'm not even sure if that's what I want.

I walked into my study after saying goodbye to my friend Jack,while Julia was picking up the waste around the house.

''How was your day?''Logan asked as I closed the door and threw myself on the couch.

''Logan please,not now.''

''I must say,I'm pretty much disappointed in you.''

I sighed and covered my face with the pillow. I was realy not in the mood for a lecturer,I just wanna think.

''She's your student Jonathan...forget about student,dude you are getting married in two weeeks. Did you ever stop to think about that? What about Julia huh? Did you ever think about her. I know damn well that what I saw was not happening for the first time, have you lost your mind?'' he stood up and walked to me. I just kept quiet. Clearly if I told him that I don't why I keep kissing her,he's gonna think of me as being stupid.