2.

Janet Jackson

"Hey Jimmy. Hey Terry."I smiled brightly, walking into the studio.

"Hey Jan. How you doing today?"Jimmy asked.

"I'm great. Tired, but I'm great."I shrugged.

"You've got to stop working yourself so hard Jan. You're going to wear yourself out."Terry sighed.

"I'm okay guys really. I'm ready."I said, running my fingers across the ends of my braids.

"So what track do you want to record today?"Jimmy asked.

"We can do Again first. We're almost done shooting and John wants to put it at the end of the movie."I spoke lightly, fidgeting with the hat that sat on top of my head.

I then walked into the booth and put the headphones on my head.

The track started to play in my ears and moved my finger along so that I could feel the song.

Finally I started to sing.

"I heard from a friend today and she said you were in town. Suddenly the memories came back to me in mind"

I sang the first line and Terry stopped me.

"This song is a true story right Jan?"He asked.

"Yes."I replied, tugging at my bottom lip with my teeth.

"Well I need you to feel it more then Janet. I'm not saying break down in the studio, but sing it like you're still going through it, because right now you sound like you're just singing it just to sing."Terry advised.

He turned the track back on and I closed my eyes, reminiscing about the events that inspired the song.

A stray tear fell slowly down my face, indicating that I was ready.

I started once again and got through the whole song. I then recorded it once more and compared the two to see which one I liked more.

The song was up loud , causing the room to become silent. I liked to listen to every detail. Every note, every instrument to make sure it's perfect.

"I like the first."I said quietly, breaking the silence in the room.

"You ready to record the background vocals?"Jimmy asked, turning the volume down.

"Yes."I replied stepping out of my seat and going back into the booth.

I recorded the background vocals and recorded them again.

"You got anything else to record tonight?"Jimmy asked.

"No that's it for tonight. I thought this song would take a bit more time. I have some other stuff written, but nothing worthy of recording yet."I replied retaking my spot in the chair next to Jimmy.

"Alright, well Terry and I will arrange the song. It's still early, go find you something to do."Jimmy chuckled, waving his hand as if he was shooing me away.

"I want to stay. I don't have any plans tonight."I giggled, crossing my arms as if I was upset.

"I'm not really asking you Janet. I'm telling you. Go do something. You're always working."Jimmy grabbed my hand and Terry nodded his head in agreement with Jimmy.

"Well, guy is having a party tonight and he asked me to come."I pondered, sitting back in the chair with my arms out.

"Go."Jimmy said.

"Bye."Terry added.

"Alright fine."I rolled my eyes and grabbed my keys off of the sound board.

Tupac Shakur

"What you niggas doing tonight?"I asked, walking into my living to Yaki and Treach sitting on my couch

"I'm bouta' go see Pep. She just got back, I miss her."Treach responded, pulling up the zipper on his windbreaker.

"What about you Yaki?"I asked, pulling unlit cigarette from between my lips so that my words weren't muffled.

"Same as Treach. Lavie just called. She wanted me with her tonight."Yaki shrugged.

"Well damn."I laughed, sticking my cigarette between my lips and lighting it.

"That nigga Guy, having a party tonight. Wanted us to come through."I coughed lightly, from accidentally swallowing smoke from trying to talk.

"I'll see if Pep up to it and meet you there if she wanna go. I'll see you niggas later."Treach arrises from my couch and heads towards the door.

"That nigga ain't going."Yaki laughed.

"Word. I don't even know why that nigga pretending."I chuckled, taking his place on the couch next to Yaki.

"You still gonna go?"he asked, standing up in front of me, pulling his keys from his pockets.

"I might as well. I don't have nothing else to do."I shrugged, pulling myself up from the couch and walking back to my room.

I changed into something simple because I ain't really think his party was gone be as jumping as he says. I put my pager on my hip and grabbed my keys and started for the door to exit my house.

I locked my doors and set all alarms and climbed into my hummer, driving to the mansion where Guy and his brother Joe's party was held.

I could tell there was party there when I pulled up because of all the cars and the loud music once you approached the house.

Finally I climbed out my truck and walked up to the door and knocked.

"Yooo Pac."Guy greeted me as the door swung open. I could tell this nigga was high, drunk or something by the way he slurred his words.

"Wassup nigga."I chuckled walking through the big French doors of whoever's house this is.

"Janet here."Guy cheesed, giving that same kool-aid smile from earlier.

I just shook my head and laughed at that nigga cuz I knew Janet wasn't stutting his lame ass.

I continued walking through the party trying to find some familiar faces, when I noticed Janet's beautiful ass talking to another woman who looked just as good.

"Hey Square."I chuckled, plopping down in the space next to her on the sofa.

"Hi Tupac."She playfully rolled her eyes.

"So what brings you here tonight."I asked, moving a stray braid from in front of her face.

"Boredom."She shrugged,poking the inside of her cheek with her tongue.

"Well hell, looks like you still bored if you ask me. His party ain't shit."I chuckled, slouching down into his couch a bit.

"Janet. I'm gonna go okay."her cute friend interrupted and then started to walk away.

"Wanna have some real fun?"I asked giving a bright smile.

"It depends on your definition of "real fun" if it's illegal or disgusting, I'd rather not."She chuckled, taking a sip of whatever she had in her cup.

"Not even, you just gotta trust me. You'll be fine."I chuckled.

"Alright. I mean this obviously isn't getting it, so why not."She shrugged and arised from the couch.

I followed suite and grabbed her hand, guiding her out of the party to the driveway.