17

Janet Jackson

I stood there quiet and frozen. It was like my feet had become plastered to the floor.

"Shot? Like with a gun?"I asked as tears slowly made their way down my face. "I-I just talked to him. Is he okay? Is he dead? Where is he?"

"I don't know J. Nobody has said anything yet."Tina replied.

I tried my best not to break down right there in the middle of my show , but I couldn't fight It. I felt like I was melting and I just fell into a fit of tears.

The whole crew ran to comfort me , while the band stayed on the stage confused. How was I gonna finish my show now?

I couldn't go out there and sing like I was happy when my heart had just been crushed into millions of pieces.

I loved him so much and I had this very moment, I had no idea if I would ever see him again. If I could hug him again, kiss him again and it scared me.

"T what happened? What's wrong with her?"Tish worried, they all crowded around me. Shawnette stood behind me, because I felt like I was about to fall.

"Boo. Listen. I need you to calm down. We have to finish the show. We've only got two songs left and you could call to check on him soon as we finish the show."Tish tried to comfort me , but I just couldn't do it.

"I can't go do It. Not until I know. I have to at least know he's alive. I can't go out there and be happy on stage knowing that he's in the hospital like that."I sighed and started to wipe my face.

Shawnette ran to grab my phone and dialed the number of his cell phone. She held the phone to my ear and Yaki answered.

"Hello?"

"Janet! He's been asking for you."

"He's alive? Thank god."I sighed in relief. "How is he? Is he okay?"

"He's good. Still talking shit. Can't move around that good though. Where are you?"

"In London. I'm in the middle of a show, I'll come there soon as I'm done. It's a 15 hour flight, but I'll be there. Tell him I'm coming, ok?"I sighed.

"He sleep right now, but I'll tell him.

"Okay I'll be there. I promise."

"Alright J. I'll see you when you get here."Yaki was about to hang up but I stopped him "Yaki?"

"Yeah?"He answered.

"Tell him that I love him."

"I will."I hung up and started wipe my tears.

I know the crowd was probably confused as hell because I had taken so long to come out, but this was important. Tupac needed me.

I grabbed my microphone and ran out to the stage, I was well past my cue so when I walked out, I immediately started singing You Want This.

"You guys wanna meet them?"I asked the crowd. They all started screaming to me and I started to introduce the band and the kids.

I then started to get into Because of Love and that was the end of the show.

"Thank you London. I love you."I waved and ran off of the stage.

"Ok, I need to go. Tish call my jet."I Instructed and she nodded.

"J? What about the show? We have a show tomorrow."Tina asked.

"Fuck the show T! Push It back."I started to walk out of the back door and Tina called me back.

"I'll release a press release in the morning. How long will you be gone?"She asked,

"No more than 3 days, I swear."

I ran to the tour bus to take a shower and grab a small amount of clothes before going to the airport.

I got on my plane and went to sleep because I was so tired from the show. I ended up sleeping the whole flight and before I knew it, I was in New York.

I called Yaki to make sure it was okay for me to come up to the hospital.

"Hey Janet. Pac is home. He checked himself out of the hospital."

"Are you fucking serious? He was only in there 2 days? Is he even okay?"

"He said that he's good, but I know he's waiting for you."

I hung up the phone with Yaki and headed to Tupac's house because I wanted to know why he was out of the hospital already after only being there two days.

I had one my drivers pick me up to take me to his house because I hadn't been home to get any of my cars.

I knocked on the door and a woman answered.

"Hi, I'm Jasmine."She introduced herself to me, but I didn't care to hear any of that. What was she doing here. I brushed past and walked into the house where Tupac was sitting on the couch. His head was bandaged, his hand and his thigh.

"Hey baby."I smiled and sat next to him. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm better. I'm still hurting though."He sighed. "What took you so long?"

"I was in London. That's a 13 hour flight and I had to finish my show."I replied stroking his hand.

"You back for good now though right?"Tupac asked.

"Not yet. I have over 100 shows left. But I have about 6 more until I'm back in the US."I explained "Do you need anything while I'm here?"

"Nah. Jaz been taking pretty good care of me."He answered and I rolled my eyes. "Why is she here any way?"

"She's only here as a friend. She's helping me, I mean shit you can't do It."He argued.

"Pac really? Don't do that because you know if I wasn't on tour I'd be here for you. Just like I have been through everything else."I raised my voice he had pissed me off.

"How long you gone be here?"He asked, ignoring my statement.

"3 days then I have to have to goto Germany."I wrapped my arms around him, but the look on his face told me that this conversation was about to go in another direction. Tupac Shakur was ready to argue and I didn't feel like that today.

"3 days?"Tupac raised his voice. "Damn. So you not gone be here for my trial or nothing?"

"Not if I have a show. I have to finish my tour. I put too much money into it to be canceling and rescheduling shows and I'm not going to do that."I raised up from him and crossed my arms.

Tupac nodded his head and took his hand away from me.

"So you're upset? Tupac this is the biggest time of my career. My music is doing so well right now, you should understand."

"I do understand. You made your choice. I got it Janet."He raised his hands. He never called me that.

"Wow. I can't believe you're being this way. I love you, but what I'm not going to do is put my career on hold for you and I wouldn't expect you to do that for me. I wouldn't want you to. The decisions you've made have nothing to do with me , Tupac and I'm not going to stick around for you to punish me for something you did to yourself."I stood up to grab my things.

"Maybe we shouldn't be together then."Tupac shrugged.

"Maybe we shouldn't."My voice cracked and I left his home.

That'd be the last time I saw him for a long while.