Part 8

I was dreaming, I know I was. I was dreaming that I was back with my boring, basic white family.

We were in our home in our upper-middle class neighborhood.

My mom, whose name was Elizabethabell, was wearing her typical capris and elbow-length shirt, all while making a white person's favorite meal, gluten-free cheese.

My dad, Carl Carlson, wore a baseball hat, a polo shirt, and cargo shorts, and was rooting for the sports team as they played on television.

My sister, Ashleigh Nightengale III, was sipping on her Starbucks drink while watching Gossip Girl on her laptop. She wore light blue jeans and a striped crop top.

My brother, William Fancypants, was outside in his khaki pants and surf shirt, pretending he can skateboard when he really can't.

We were a happy family.

Until, of course, the end of the world.

I was out getting groceries like any other girl in my leafy suburb, when my family was viciously attacked. When I got home, I saw they had all been thrown into the pool.

None of us know how to swim, unfortunately.

That day was the day I swore vengeance on that bird man and his army of feathered goons.

Of course, right after I drank my vegan water.

"Alix! Wake up!" Someone shouted. I opened my eyes, to see Dave standing in front of me.

"We're still in jail," Brandon informed me, though I could easily tell from our surroundings.

Before I could say another word, The Raven busted through the door sassily, as if he were a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race.

"Lmao who's ready to die," he said, picking up a gun. I gasped, almost passing out like a true woman.

"Not us! We shall defeat you!" Andrew declared, waving a finger with poor cuticles in the bird's face.

"Oh lol, yeah?" The Raven cackled, striking a pose. "You and what army, fool?"

Despite that being the most overused and generic lines in all of cinema, I was eager for an answer, although there clearly wasn't an army in sight.

Andrew turned around, facing the wall where a window used to be. "Oh," he said, "well you know if there was a window, we could see the army."

The Raven shrugged. "Lol I gotta go torture you now, scrub," he said. Without another a word, he pulled Andrew out of the room and shut the door behind him.

"OH MY GOD!" Andrew shrieked. I heard him being pulled away. "OH MY GOD HE'S GONNA DIE!" Brent shouted, obviously not looking on the bright side. We all cried out in unison, panicking.

"We just need to think logically," Brandon said calmly. It was only met with Dave tackling him. "WE'RE GONNA DIE!" He cried out.

Suddenly, a hooded man busted down the door. He was mysterious. And also hot. Something that I, a basic girl, was turned on by.

"Hello," the man said, "my name is Brendan."

"What?" I question. I pointed to Brandon. "But that's Brandon," I said.

The man slapped himself. "No, dear, I'm Brendan. But nevermind that, I'm saving your boring white selves."

"But we can't leave without Andrew!" I protested. Brendan only laughed at me. "Of course we can," he said. He then placed a mine on the wall and blew it off. All though that was really dangerous, none of us were hurt for the sake of the plot.

"Alright, let's go," Brendan said, walking straight out of the building. Luckily, we were on the ground floor.

"Wow, security sucks," Brent commented. "Yeah," Brandon agreed, "almost as much as Retrogra-"

Before Brandon could finish his sentence, a guard came running at us. He tackled Brendan first, of course.

At first, I was unaffected, but then a second one tackled Dave.

"OH MY GOD BACK IT UP YOU FEATHERED FOOL!" I shouted, as several others ran towards us.

Brandon, Hayden, and Brent were all tackled down, leaving only me and my sad white self.

"MORE GUARDS!" Someone yelled. I screamed in panic, and also because I hadn't had Starbucks in the past twelve hours.

"ALIX, RUN!" Dave yelled. Without even questioning it, I began jogging at a mild pace away from the scene.