The conversation

Amy is so happy to start her new life, in New York. Two weeks after leaving for New York she sees Ben and they rescue each other; just like Ben always does, and like Amy did for Ricky. After a week of being together they have ended up in bed together three times. After even worse sex then band camp, they both decide it was never really meant to be in the first place and they are finally free.

Amy starts to feel really guilty for leaving the man of her dreams and her son so she starts to write and send letters to John everyday, but she can't handle the thought of calling Ricky to talk to John. Ricky doesn't throw the letters away but he doesn't open them either. He doesn't mention them to anyone until one day when Nora comes over and finds them, then like everything else in the show everyone finds out about the letters. 

Ricky bumps into Clementine at school and they go out to dinner and back to her place, but when Ricky tries to "seal the deal" he can't. He hasn't been about to with anyone he meets, mostly because he sees Amy everywhere he looks. At the end of summer he drops out of school. 

He goes to Leo's office.   " Leo can I transfer to New York, I mean for my job? I love and miss Amy I can't just let her go." 

"Yeah Ricky you can, but what about school? How is Amy, when did you last speak to her?" 

"I haven't spoken to Amy since the night she left for New York. Amy's dream has always been New York I should never have asked her to give up that dream, but my dream is to be with her and to work for you. I'll take a year off of school and transfer to Hudson next Fall. John needs us both." 

"Alright Ricky if that's what you want you can leave whenever you want to, or are ready to."

"Thank you Sir. I would like to take some time off, before I start a new job in New York to just talk to Amy and let her know about this amazing change." 

"Alright Ricky, and just so you know I have a few places, you can live in for free in New York. So you don't need to worry about that. It is taken care of. One of the places is the place I told you about before, Amy lived there for a little while but it wasn't right for her. There is one place that I own that she is living in now, but she wants to get a dorm I believe. So, it might open up soon and then I have a house that is a three bedroom, just let me know."