Setting Things In Motion

Ricky knows that as much as he wants to move to New York, he has to talk to Amy before he makes a final decision. So he asks Nora to watch John so he can go to New York to talk to Amy. Of course Nora agrees to watch after John. 

Three days later Ricky get off a plane in New York. Summer classes, in New York, end the next day.  Ricky takes an Uber to Amy's apartment. Ricky hears a song playing through the door, it's Merry You by Burno Mars. He nervously knocks on the door, hoping he can get his nerves in check before she opens the door. Amy opens the door and quickly presses stop on the remote in her hand. The music stops and they both stare at each other, for fives minuets, before she breaks the silence and finally he hears  "Ricky, come on in." Ricky enters her apartment, and stands in the living room looking around at pictures of John everywhere. She goes about the apartment cleaning up trash and removing items and taking them into her room where she closes the door behind her, puts the momentos of Ricky down. Amy re-enters the living room after closing her bedroom door behind her, reminding herself to keep the door closed as long as he is there. 

Amy sits on a chair in the living room, "So, Ricky, what are you doing here? Is John okay? Who is with him? Would you like to sit?"

Ricky takes a seat on the couch. "John is fine. He is with Nora, in California. He misses you, and asks about you everyday. I just wanted to come out here and talk to you." 

Silence fills the room again.  Finally, after another five minutes he asks, "So, how is school?" 

Amy bites her lip and says, "School is good. How is work?"

Ricky stares at the floor, "Work is fine. Nice place you have here, can I get a tour." 

"Well this is the living room, kitchen is right there and the bathrooms and bedroom are back there." She point to her right and then behind him. He gets up and goes to the kitchen, where he sees pictures of Amy and John, then he goes back to where he was and turns towards the bedroom and bathrooms. He wonders towards the bathroom takes a peak in the big guest bathroom and comes back out. Amy is now in front of her bedroom, "You can't go in there, it, it, it' a mess."

He goes back and sits on the chair, again. She sits on the couch. "So, what's up? You wanted to talk to me?" 

"Yeah, I talked to Leo and, I think, I should move out here and we can both go to school and raise John. John really misses you. I haven't been able to open the letters you sent for him." 

Amy and Ricky both hear a knock on the door. Amy goes to answer it, it's Ben. 

Ben: "Oh you have company." He turns to leave, then realizes it's Ricky. "So are you two getting back together?" 

"Ricky, just got here, we are talking about John. Bye Ben" Amy says, closing the door and turns back to go to the couch, just to see Ricky looking at her "Ricky CD collection." Amy grabs the CDs from him and takes them to her room, to again turn and see him looking in her room. Her room is decorated with pictures of Ricky or Ricky with John. 

"Thought you said it was a mess in here, not that I believed it, I knew you were hiding something but I didn't think it was this." Ricky says in disbelief. Amy pushes Ricky out of her room and closes the door, as if closing the door makes the fact that Ricky saw it all, go away. She rushes out to the living room and goes to the door and opens it. When Ricky comes out she says, "You should go, we can talk later." 

Ricky not wanting to push his luck goes out the door but turns back and kisses Amy with the most passion he can find. When he pulls away he says, "I thought you left cause you wanted Ben. I'm in town for a week, call me. We can have it all, Amy. Hudson, John, the Butcher shop, and we can be together. We don't have to get married or even re-engaged right now, we can wait until after we graduate. If the issue is that I wasn't madly in love with you, you're wrong about that. Please, call me." 

He turns to leave again, just for Amy to grab him a kiss him with the same passion as before. "I'll call you tomorrow."