Therapy

About an hour later. Amy's therapy appointment

A- So, as you know I leave in New York now.

Dr.- How is that going?

A- I love it and I had it at the same time. 

Dr.- Why do you love it?

A- I love it, cause it's been my dream to go to Hudson, for years, before I met Ricky and had John and now Hope. 

Dr.- Why do you hate it?

A- I miss Ricky. I never feel safe now, like I did with Ricky. 

Dr.- You miss Ricky? What about John?

A- I can't be part of John's life, now. Or even Hope's life. 

Dr.- Why's that?

A- I've gone through stuff. They are better off without me. Even Ricky is better off without me. I'm broke. 

Dr.- Why do you say that, that you're broken? Amy, what's going on?

A- It happened after I was there for only a month. No, not even a month. 

*Silence*

Dr.- What happened?

A- I dated Ben, again and slept with him. 

Dr.- So now, you're broken because you slept with Ben?

A- No, it's not that. 

Dr.- Then what is it, Amy?

A- After Ben and I broke up, I was raped. Someone got into my apartment. *Amy starts to cry* I had to move, Ben found me after I was raped. I was at the mall today, and I heard his voice. 

Dr.- Who's voice, Amy?

A- The guy's that raped me. 

Dr.- He is here? Do you know who it was? Did you press charges? So, your wanting to sleep around and become the new Ricky is because you were raped and it's your way to cope?

A- Yeah the guy is here. I don't know who it is, I was talking to Ricky and I heard my rapist's voice. I couldn't go to the police. I couldn't deal with it. Yes, sleeping around is my way of dealing with it. 

Dr.- Does Ricky know?

A- No, I can't tell him. He would never....look at me the same way. I'm broken. I don't want to talk about this anymore....I don't want to tell....anyone else. 

Dr.- Is this why you don't want to be in John and Hope's life?

A- Yes, like I said I'm broken. I can't be around them, they are better off without me. 

Dr.- Amy, did you believe that with Ricky because of his past?

A- No, he didn't choose that, I chose.....I chose to move to New York. 

Dr.- Amy you chose to move, not get raped. 

A- If I would have stayed, I would have been safe. Ricky would have kept me safe. If I would have stayed it never would have happened. I'm not safe now. I'll never be safe again. 

Dr- Amy, unfortunately that's all the time we have. I think you should talk to Ricky about this. He really can help you though this, and if you're not going to be around for your kids he should know why. If you need to talk again, I'm here. 

*Amy goes to the house she grew up in to find an unknown car in the driveway.