Hedy's

Christmas Eve morning 

Amy gets John ready for the day, "Ricky I'm gonna spend today with my family. I'll see you and John tomorrow." Amy says to Ricky. "Oh, okay. You sure? I thought we could hang out tonight." Ricky says to Amy. "I just want to hang out with my family, I feel like I haven't seen them. Well, actually I hardly have seen them." Amy grabs her cell and purse, and walks towards the door, she opens the door to Ben, "Oh, hey Ben? Are you here to see Ricky, was just leaving." *Amy waves Ben in.* "Actually, I was coming to talk to you both. I wanted to see if you had made a decision on a living situation." Ben asks. "Oh well, you should talk to Ricky, I don't think we're going to be living together. Actually, we should be talking to your dad. Not you. I'll tell Ricky to talk to your dad in a day or two. I gotta go." *Amy walks out, to go meet Grace down stairs.* "Hey Amy." Jack and Grace say in unison. "Oh, hey guys. Jack, I didn't know you'd be here." *Grace and Jack look at each other.* "We thought, this was going to be a couples/ family day." Grace and Jack say together. "Well I'm not sure Ricky and I are really a couple. I think we're just testing things out. I mean family, yeah sort of. I guess." Amy says confused. "I was actually gonna go talk to Ricky." Jack says, as Ben leaves the butcher shop. 

Jack walks up the stairs to Ricky and Amy's apartment and knocks. Ricky opens the door. "Oh hey man." Ricky says smiling. "Come on in." *Ricky waves Jack in.* "Hey, man. I just wanted to come ask you a question. What's up with you and Amy? She says you guys are testing the water or some crap. Didn't you already do that? I thought you guys were together?" Jack asks Ricky confused. "She's going through some stuff. If she wants to say we are testing the waters, well whatever. I'm in, I'm all in." Ricky says confidentiality. "Shouldn't Amy know that?" Jack asks. "Amy, will know that, when the time is right. I'm not going to push her. I'm not gonna lose her again. Not because I push her. Or because I do anything stupid." Jack looks at Ricky surprised. "Man, you've gown up in six months. So, you gonna go to Hedy's this year?" Jack asks. "I always do. It's my little tradition." Ricky responds. "Well, I hope we see you there. I know Amy wants to go." Jack responds. Ricky looks at Jack shocked. Jack turns to leave, with a grin. 

Amy, Grace, and Jack go to hang out with George, Kathleen and Tom. At 9:00 the three of them leave for Hedy's. When they get to Hedy's Amy chickens out, "I don't want to go in, not without Ricky. It just feels wrong. I came here last year with Ricky." *Jack gets out his phone to text Ricky. Text from Jack to Ricky: Hey, where are you? Text from Ricky to Jack: Inside of Hedy's, I'm waiting for you guys and John fell asleep. *Jack goes inside of Hedy's* "Amy won't come in without you. This was her idea, go get the girls, I'll watch John." Jack says to Ricky. *Ricky walks outside* "Amy we came here cause you wanted the memories and the to see if you really love Ricky." Grace says to Amy. "I know that, this just feels wrong without Ricky....and John. Ricky was like a kid in a candy store last year." *Ricky smiles at this exchange, Amy's back is to Ricky, so she doesn't realize he is there.* Amy says with a frown. Grace smiles at Amy. "What? Why are you smiling, at me?" Amy asks her step sister. "Yeah, not a couple at all." Grace says laughing. "Shut up, Grace. I just don't want to hurt Ricky again. He doesn't deserve that. I want to be sure." Amy says to Grace. "Amy, I'm right here. You can come in now, and John is inside with Jack." Ricky says with a smirk. Amy turns around, "How long have you been standing there?" Amy asks Ricky. "Kid in a candy store." Ricky replies with a smirk. Amy glares at Ricky with a laugh. Amy, Ricky and Grace all enter Hedy's. "This place is amazing." Jack and Grace both say. Amy looks at Ricky, "You're a kid in a candy store, again." She says with a smile. Amy and Ricky ride on the train and eat candy. Finally two hours of fun have past and they take John home. "Amy, I'm not going to push you this time, about setting a date, or anything. I'm not gonna sleep around. I said that I wanted you to change me, once to Adrian, after I went to see you in New York in high school, I meant that and you have. I love you, so take your time. I'm here, I'll always be here. By the way, I don't talk to Adrian anymore. I don't want us talking to her. I think it's important if we are going to have a chance at working. I'm not interested in going back to our high school days." Ricky says to Amy after putting John in his bed. "Ricky, I don't talk to Adrian, that one day in New York, a few months ago, was a fluke. And I didn't change you, you decided to change, for yourself and for us, but mostly for yourself and John. As far as marriage goes, let's not talk about that, until we are about to graduate. I do love you, Ricky. I'm just confused. I've always loved you."

Important series episodes for this chapter: 

Season 3 episode 11 

Season 5 episode 12