Letter

After Amy's session with Dr. Fields, she drives up her old driveway, and calls Grace to come get her car. All of a sudden she hears, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy." Amy gets out of Grace's car and sees John and Ricky running towards her, her boys. Amy smiles as she wraps John in a hug, "Hey buddy." Amy looks up at Ricky, "Who's car is that?" Ricky looks over, "Nora's. So where did you have to go after the mall. Why haven't you come to see...." *Ricky points to John, then himself* "Amy!!!!" Nora comes over to give Amy a hug. "Hey, Nora." Amy tries to smile, but can't stop thinking about how to tell Ricky. "Look, it's been a long day, already. I hate to be rude but now isn't the best time. Can you guys, go?" Amy looks at Nora and Ricky. " Nora, can you take John and give Ames and I a minute?" Nora smiles, aware of Ricky's tension. "Sure, Ricky. Come on John." *Nora and John walk away.* "Ames, seriously, what's up?" Ricky asks "you haven't seen John hardly at all since May." Amy sighs, "I know Ricky, and I hate it, but right now, I don't feel like it's best for me to be around. John, Hope and you are better off without me around. Please, just go. I know I have to explain why to you. I know you deserve that. I just can't, not right now. Please stay in California after Christmas. Don't move to New York." Finally, Nora, John and Ricky leave. Ricky tells Amy they will be at the park. Amy goes to Ashley's old room, where she is going to stay. Amy finally decides to write Ricky a letter to tell him what's going on with her. Amy finishes writing the letter to Ricky, then she texts Grace to let her know she will be next door at Ruben's with Grace's keys. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Amy knocks on the door of Ruben's house.* 

*Ruben answers the door* 

"Hey, Ruben. Is Adrian here?"  Amy asks.

"No, she's out with Omar. Shopping." Ruben replies.

"Oh, okay good. Can I talk to you?" Amy's says relieved.

"Sure, come on in." Ruben smiles and waves her in. 

"So, I, I, I, I have a fr, fri,frien, friend, who was raped in New York. She didn't do a rape kit, cause she saw the attacker's and his 'partner's' face, who was his identical brother. She saw them both today, they look the same but have different voices. Is there anything she can do now?"  Amy asks, knowing the answer, but hoping she's wrong.  

"How long ago was this?" Ruben's face drops.  

"About five months ago. She kept the clothes and the sheets sealed in a bag." Amy replies. 

"Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done now. Your friend wasn't Adrian was it?" Ruben looks at Amy questioningly.

"No, it wasn't Adrian, I promise." Amy answers. Amy smiles, a fake smile but a smile, "Thanks, Ruben."

Amy gets up to leave. As she walks out the door Grace walks up. 

"Hey girly!! Getting legal advice?" Grace greets Amy. 

"Hey, Grace. Just, talking to Ruben." Amy replies, trying to smile. "Can you give me a ride over to Ricky's, I want to drop off something, can you stay here with me tonight?" 

"Sure." Grace smiles at her step sister and friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ricky, John, and Nora get back to the apartment and Ricky puts John down.

"Ricky, what's going on with Amy? She's seems distant." Nora asks Ricky. "I don't know what's going on with Amy. I thought she was mad at me, but I just feel like she would have gotten over it already." Ricky replies with a sigh. "What's this letter?" Nora asks picking up the letter addressed to Ricky, and handing it to him. Ricky looks at it, "It's from Amy." Ricky looks puzzled.