Chapter 5: Trying

*HERMIONE*

Ginny turns to me. "What does that mean?!" she shouts over the ruckus. Ignoring her, I stand and walk over to the Slytherin table and go up to Draco.

"Come with me," I say. I pull him out of the Great Hall and we walk back to the common room. I sit on the couch and squeeze my thighs.

"What did that mean?" Draco asks.

"I have no idea at the moment." I look into the flames of the fire. "Prepare to be lost? What does she mean by lost?"

He shakes his head and shrugs, then rubs the back of his neck.

"We need to figure it out before the challenge," I say. "Then we need to tell Cho and Zacharias."

"We're up against them, though," he says. "Why should we tell them? The less people who know what they're doing, the better."

"Draco, they're still our friends! We have to help them through a little bit. What if one of them survives this task and then figures out what the next one is from the next clue? I bet they would tell us."

He sighs. "You're right." I laugh at him and he smiles.

________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the length, but the next chapter needs to take place the day of the first challenge.

Btw, I read fan fiction and the author of them always note after a chapter stuff about votes and updates. I have no idea what that means so comment on this story what it means thx!