Chapter 20: Back on Our Feet

*DRACO*

I wake up slowly, only to find...Hermione?

I see Hermione, in my bed, her head on my chest. I run my hand over her head softly and she wakes immediately and jumps up, looking at me with alert eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask cautiously.

"Oh, it was horrible, Draco. It-it was Bellatrix! She came in my dream, oh, and she told me that she was coming back and how she wouldn't be an illusion!"

"Settle down, Hermione. Come here." Hermione crawls over to me and buries her face in my chest.

"It was just a dream," I reassure her. "Nothing more."

"But how do you know?" she asks, looking up at me.

"I don't," I admit, "but I'm going to help you out anyway. Just...don't worry about this. Push it away. Think about something good."

Graduation is coming up. I'm pretty sure Mother and Father won't be coming to the ceremony, and even if they did I would be really nervous; I don't want them making a fuss about Hermione. It's been a struggle, believe me, and after this year I'm ready to leave Hogwarts. Not because I hate it - I love it. But I don't want to deal with the danger that it will now face, how The Battle of the Highest will be every year, at Hogwarts only, eliminating a student from each house each year...eliminating a life.

I walk into the Great Hall, the usual swagger in my step, and slide into my usual chair at the Slytherin table. I grab a green apple and take a bite out of it, then look over at the Gryffindor table. There she is, sitting with Potter and Weasley. I had decided to try - note I said try - to improve my behavior around them...try to fit in better.

"What do you find so fascinating about that Mudblood?" asks Pansy, laying her head on my shoulder. I shove her off.

"Just because I don't spend much time with her doesn't mean you can take advantage. And what I find fascinating is my own business and opinion."

She holds her hands up. "Geez, I just asked a simple question. Don't have to get all defensive about it."

"Well, I get defensive when you talk about the people I love in negative ways."

She tries to hide her eye roll. "Just...ugh, whatever." She stands up and walks over to her group of friends. I roll my eyes after her.

________________________________

Hey guys. Sorry for the shortness. I know it hasn't been a while, but I just didn't know how to go on in this story.

I'm trying to finish it, yes, but I have my other stories too. I'm going back and forth between them all, considering none of them are complete. I'm gonna try to finish this first so I can be done with it. And I'm not sure if I should make a sequel. I would never be able to finish it with all the stories I have.

Comment your thoughts - should I have a sequel or not?

And if you have ideas for the sequel too, please comment or PM me.