Chapter 21: Graduation

*HERMIONE*

Graduation is today. I thought it wouldn't come.

Over the past few days I've been experiencing those nightmares with Bellatrix again; she was always telling me to watch out or be ready. For what? I don't know, I don't have enough information.

I pull my graduation robes, which have the Gryffindor house crest on the left side, over my dress, and place the hat on top of my head. I make sure my shoes are on good, and then I head out to the common room. Draco comes out a few seconds later. He's wearing his Slytherin graduation robes over a nice pair of slacks and a dress shirt.

"You ready?" he asks, approaching me and taking my hand.

I nod. "I'm ready."

He smiles, then we turn to walk out of the prefects' house, which might be one of the few things I'll miss about Hogwarts.

We part ways, Draco heading to the ceremony with the Slytherins, and I go with Harry, Ron, Ginny, Seamus, Dean, Neville, and the rest of the Gryffindors who are graduating today.

"Are you all ready?" I ask.

"For graduation?" Neville asks. "Yeah...yeah, I'm pumped."

We laugh.

"What are your plans, Neville?" Harry asks.

"Well," Neville replies, "I was thinking about something to do with Herbology, you know? And you, Harry?"

"Dunno. Maybe an Auror?"

"And Ron?" Dean asks.

"Probably an Auror, like Harry," Ron replies. Ron looks at me. "What about you, Hermione?"

I think for a moment. I hadn't really thought about it too much. Something to do with books or writing, maybe?

"I'm not sure, actually," I say. "Maybe I'll write for the Daily Prophet, or become an author."

"That would suit you," Seamus says. Everyone agrees and I roll my eyes.

We all talk to each other about our future plans in the wizarding world while we make our way outside to the ceremony.

***

I walk up and take the diploma that Professor McGonagall hands me. I smile big and turn to the crowd, where my parents are waiting so they can take a picture. I find Draco and he grins. After several more people, Draco goes up to receive his diploma, walking back instantly since he had no one waiting to take his picture.

The ceremony ends and we throw our hats in the air, then go to find food. I find Draco over by the punch. He smiles when I approach him.

"Congratulations," he says. I smile.

"You too."

"There's nothing to congratulate me for."

"Are you kidding?!" I exclaim.

"Well, I'm a death eater, and I don't exactly excel in school, and no one takes my life seriously."

"You were a death eater, you are extremely smart, and I take you seriously! C'mon!"

He sighs. "Maybe you're right."

"I'm always right. You just don't want to agree with me that I am."

He laughs as my parents approach us.

"Congratulations, Hermione," my mother says with pride.

"And who's this?" my father asks, pointing to Draco.

"Oh!" I exclaim. "Mum, Dad, this is Draco."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Granger," Draco says, extending his right hand.

"Are you two dating?" Mum asks.

"Yes?" I say.

She smiles. "I'm so proud of you."

I blush. "Thanks, Mum."

Draco shakes Dad's hand and they take "a walk" to have "the talk". (teehee, it rhymes)

*DRACO*

Mr. Granger pulls me with him and we take a walk around the ceremony space.

"So," he says, "you like my daughter?"

"Yes sir," I say. "I'm in love with her."

"Mhmm," he mumbles. "I hope you're good to her. Don't be messing her up in any way, got it?"

"Uh...yes sir..."

"How deep in love are you with her?"

"Very deep, sir." (guys I have a perverted mind, please excuse this if you read it with a dirty mind XD I just realized that it sounded a little perverted after I typed it OK NOW READ THE REST)

"Mhmm," he says, nodding his head slowing and narrowing his eyes at me. I swallow.

"Are you gonna ask her to marry you?" Mr. Granger asks as we pass the food table, grabbing a strawberry.

I look at him with some shock.

"What's wrong, son? You look a little taken aback," he laughs.

"I...uh...I was...umm...thinking about asking her, maybe..."

"Get rid of that maybe! If you love her unconditionally, then ask her! She's probably waiting for you to ask, you know. I wouldn't know, I'm not her father or anything..."

I smile, and then he smiles along with me. I pull the red box out of my pocket.

He nods. "I see you're ready to ask."

I nod. "Yeah. I am ready."

"Take your time, Draco. I'd rather you do it later than right now. Wouldn't you want it to be more personal and do it in a more secluded place?"

I don't respond, as I was looking across the field at Hermione.

"I don't mean do it, do it. Ugh, I'm starting up an inappropriate conversation with my son-in-law-to-be. All right, son. Go talk to her."

I smile, and start walking over to my love.

_________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys.

Ok.

Let's talk about that schedule.

SOOO SORRY.

It's Thursday, and I'm only just now posting for Sunday. Ugh.

I've been having a rough time the past couple days, but I'll try to post more often. I'm not gonna make up the updates for Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday, because that's too much to make up, sorry but I'm lazy.

And I gotta catch up on school work.

Ugh, Spanish. >:(