Chapter 17: The Third Challenge

• Dedicated to you all!

Just to tell you all, in this chapter it's going to be switching PoV A LOT, like every two sentences (when the challenge starts). And I'm sooooo sorry for the length, but I swear it'll be worth it. I hope you'll still enjoy with all the pages. Sorry!

_________________________________________________________________________________

*HERMIONE*

I spot another one of those tents outside of the arena. This time there's no sight barrier - we can see what lies before us. I walk inside the tent and go to the Gryffindor side (the tent has been cut off down the middle, Gryffindor and Slytherin). I change into my black spandex leggings and Draco puts on some black sweatpants, but we keep our cooresponding house color shirts on.

"I'm so nervous, Draco," I say, and lean into him.

He strokes my hair. "I know, Hermione. But whatever happens, think of tactics. Think of a plan to get us out, you're the smart one here."

I laugh into his chest. "Hey, you are smart, too."

"I'm cunning and ambitious," he retorts.

"Actually, I don't think you could've gotten through the entire tournament - well, getting this far - without having every trait."

"And what about you?"

"I've been too loyal. And I've been too dependent for help when I'm not supposed to get it."

"Well today, try to be everything."

We sit there for a few minutes in silence and then McGonagall comes in.

"The tournament is not going to start yet, I just wanted to come in here and fetch you," she says.

"Why?" Draco asks.

"We're going to let you sit with your house until it begins," she replies. We nod. I grab a couple snacks from the pantry and follow Draco and McGonagall out.

The stands are chaotic. Each house got their own bleachers, but it was still crazy and it gave me a headache. I walk up to the Gryffindor bleachers and Draco walks to the Slytherins bleachers. I find the row that Harry, Ron, and Ginny are sitting on and sit down beside them.

"Hey!" Ginny says. "I thought you couldn't come up here."

I shake my head. "McGonagall is letting us because it's the last challenge."

"I wonder if you'll play Quidditch," Ron jokes.

"Shut up, Ron," I snap. Suddenly, I feel something run into the sde of my head and I snatch it out of the air. Flying parchment? I open it and read the message.

No matter what happens, I'll save you.

I'll go through the pain I have to to find you and be your savior.

I love you, H.

-D

I hug the parchment to my chest and I feel my eyes get watery. I turn to Ginny.

"Do you have any parchment and ink?" I ask. She nods, going through her bag, then hands me some. I turn around and on the part of the bench that's unoccupied, I set down the parchment and write with my index finger, and since I don't have a quill, my writing looks huge and sloppy:

I love you too, D.

I want you to be safe and if that means that I die then so be it.