The Alpha's Unwanted Son- Chapter Three

Jay's POV

                “You’re such an idiot!” One of the ladies at the orphanage screamed at me. I never bothered to learn their names or anything because I just wanted to get out of here without associating with anyone. Well, except Ed and Alex but that’s different. It has been exactly two hours since I’ve been pulled out of school and put in this stupid police station. I’ve been sitting in this plain white room with three light brown chairs and a brown table. Other than that there’s nothing in here. The police tried to talk to me but I refused to talk back so they called the orphanage hence why the woman’s yelling at me.

                “Being raised in an orphanage does that to a person.” I answer smugly. Her face turned bright red from anger and I start to wonder how she has a job at all. Yes I know they were probably desperate and all but still this old hag? Her wrinkles have wrinkles!

                “At least you had somewhere to live! There are hundreds of unlucky children out there in the world taking care of themselves, you should be grateful you’re not one of them!” She yelled again. I roll my eyes at her lame speech that’s been given to me hundreds no thousands of times. They just want you to feel like they care when in reality they don’t. You might as well be gum on the bottom of their shoes because they sure treat us like we are.

                “Is that all you have to say? The same thing over and over again. I’m not convinced you actually care about any of us at the orphanage. You’re getting paid that’s all that matters to you guys, not us.” I tell her in a straight face. These ladies think that they’re life savers for giving us a roof over our heads when in reality most of us- including me- would be better on our own. The old lady opened her mouth to talk but was cut off by the door opening. A man in uniform walked out and sits in the chair across the table from me.

                “Let’s get down to business. Ma’am please sit down.” The officer spoke in a deep voice that probably would have scared Ed into his late thirties. I stay put as the old hag sits down. “So, why were you at the winery last night?” He asked me. I took a few minutes to think over my answer.

                “I don’t see how I could have been there when I was asleep at the orphanage.” I tell him in a ‘duh’ voice. I put my feet up on the table and lean back in the uncomfortable wooden chair. The officer glares at me and slides my feet off the table. I glare back at him and feel someone kick me from under the table. I look to my side and see the old hag glaring at me too. I roll eyes and give think about giving her the finger.

                “Well from what I know you weren’t sleeping, you were in the winery.” I open my mouth to speak but he cuts me off. “We found pieces of your shredded up clothing so don’t even think of lying.” He tells me in a lower voice. Again I roll my eyes and glare into his ugly grey eyes. His brown hair barely there and it’s replaced by gray instead.

                “How do you suppose I did that?” I ask him. My strategy to get out of here scotch fee is too be sarcastic and ask a lot of questions till they finally get so annoyed that they let me go or whatever else like give me a warning.

                “Don’t be a smart alec with me punk. I know what you did, so why don’t you just admit it and get this over with.” He tells me. I laugh at him and shake my head; does he really think I’m going to do that? No way! “And if the remainders of your clothes don’t give you enough proof then we’ll watch the security video of you sneaking in and out.” He adds at the end. Right then and there I know I’m screwed. My mouth drops about fifty feet to the floor and my jaw follows it. My eyes widen and I have to remind myself of my plan.