The Alpha's Unwanted Son- Chapter Twenty-Four

Jay's POV

My entire body ached as I reached consciousness. My head was pounding like I was smashing a hammer on my head. I opened my eyes and saw Ed on the couch across from the one I’m on. Alex was sprawled out on the floor with his feet up on the couch Ed was on. I could have laughed at the strange position those two idiots were in. From here I could see Alex stir a bit before sitting up and cursing.

“Shit, why am I on the floor?” He asked himself before getting up completely and zombie walking over to the chair on my left. Yesterday’s events flew into my mind making me frown. Luna doesn’t deserve a jerk like me…

“Am I being an idiot?” I question Alex as I lean my head back on the couch. How could I be such a loser? Luna probably won’t even speak to me right now! She has probably already changed her name and moved to Brazil… Okay that’s a bit of an exaggeration but she probably won’t want to look at me anymore.

“What do you mean Jay?” Alex asks me. I sigh, sometimes I wish he was like Luna and could read minds so I wouldn’t have to explain.

“I mean, do think I was being a dick to Luna? I overreacted a little and now I destroyed our whole relationship.” I explain to him.

“I honestly don’t think it matters, mates are for wimps. What happened to the old Jay? You know the one who doesn’t give a f*ck about anyone but himself and his friends? Where’s that guy?” Alex rants. My eyebrows shoot up. Excuse me? He’s even worse than Luke! Maybe… Luke is still a huge dick but Alex just might be worse right now.

“Well I’m sorry if I found someone who makes me truly happy. Luna is just so amazing-“ I begin but Alex soon cuts me off.

“Shut the f*ck up! I’m so sick of hearing you talk of this chick! Why can’t you see she’ll just f*ck up your life?” Alex shouts at me. I sit up and glare at him. How dare he speak of my mate like that? God I do sound like a chick…

“She’s my mate Alex! What am I supposed to do? Pretend she doesn’t exist? Ignore the fact that we’re mates just because you ‘don’t approve’?” I question Alex.

“You’re making a big mistake! You don’t realize how much she’s going to screw you over! She’ll turn on you man.” Alex told me. What is he talking about? How could he know anything about this sort of thing? He doesn’t read… Nor has he ever had a…

“Did you find your mate Alex?” I ask him voicing my question. How could he not tell me? His face twisted in indecision. “And no bull-sh*tting me man.” I add to make sure he’ll be legit. He sighs before looking right into my eyes with his own sad ones.

“Yeah I did. She was a total b*tch though…” He admitted sadly.

“But she’s your mate-“ I protest but he swiftly cuts me off.

“Why don’t I tell you what happened?” He suggests and I nod in agreement. “We met in the summertime when James took me to that beach house I told you and Ed about.” He began. I remembered him telling me about a beach house but not about his mate! It’s not like he forgot to mention it, it’s like he avoided telling us! She’s his mate! How bad could she be?

“I remember you mentioning the house but not your mate! Why didn’t you tell us?” My curiosity getting the better of me, making me ask him that. He ignores me and goes on to tell his story.

“We met at a party this guy invited me to. She was incredible, gorgeous, sweet and kind. That is until she decided to show her true colors. It happened at the end of summer when I was leaving, she told me about how I was only a summer fling and that her boyfriend was coming back soon. I left there, heart-broken. My mate didn’t want me and that is a horrible feeling I don’t want you to feel.” Alex told me.