Epilogue

Two years from the day Killian asked Emma to move back in with him, they were happily married with a nine month old daughter, while Emma was pregnant with another baby. They hadn't found out the gender of the baby yet, but her and Killian were getting ready for the arrival. It was close to Christmas now, and Killian was setting up the Christmas tree while she was putting up other decorations. Their daughter, Taylor, was sitting on the floor, rolling around playing with her toys. As Emma was pounding a nail into the wall, she suddenly shouted in pain, catching Killian's attention.

"Fuck!" She cursed and put down the hammer.

"What'd you do?" He asked, walking over to her and grabbing her hand.

"Hit my thumb on this fucking hammer instead of the nail."

He chuckled and Emma glared at him. "Sorry, love." He kissed her finger and she smiled. "Better?"

"No. It still hurts." He laughed and kissed her thumb again. "Maybe kiss me instead." And he did so. As he was making their innocent kiss into a make-out session, she pushed on his chest. "The baby is right there."

"So? She doesn't know any better."

"I'm not taking any chances." She pecked his lips and stepped away. "I'll put the lights on the tree. You pound the nails."

"Alright," he laughed and watched as she strung the lights around the tree.

Killian never believed that he would make it to this part of his life. That he would be here, decorating his house for Christmas with his true love. The woman that he never forgot about or gave up on. They started their life, and they were just at the beginning. He couldn't wait to send their kids off to school and watch them grow up. To meet his grand kids, and Emma would be there, watching and doing it all with him. He looked down to their daughter who was falling asleep, but chewing on one of her toys. He picked her up and cradled her in his arms. Her eyes drifted close, and he smiled. He glanced over at Emma who had tears in her eyes. She came over to him and rested her chin on his shoulder as she looked down at Taylor.

"We did good," she whispered, making sure not to wake the sleeping child.

"We're still doing good," he whispered back, turning his head to look at her. "I'm gonna go put her down. I'll be right back."

Emma nodded and watched as he went upstairs. She looked over to the shelf that had their wedding pictures on it, along with the wedding topper they kept. She went over to it and picked up one of the frames. Mary Margaret had taken a picture of their kiss at the altar, and it brought tears to her eyes, even two years later. She set that frame down and picked up another. Killian had his arms wrapped around her from behind and she was kissing his cheek as he smiled for the camera. Another picture that caught her attention was when they cut into the cake, and had smeared the icing on each other. The last one had caused a tear to roll down her cheek. She heard Killian's footsteps coming down the stairs and she put the picture down and wiped away her tears.

"Taylor's sleeping peacefully, so I can't pound nails into the wall, so I'll help you decorate the tree," he said. She turned around a nodded. He cocked his head to the side. "You okay?"

She sniffed and nodded. "I was just looking at our wedding pictures."

He smiled and walked over to them. He picked up the one of him hugging her from behind. "This one's my favorite." He ran his finger over the Emma in the picture. "You are so beautiful." He kissed her cheek as his arms tightened around her waist. "The gown looked stunning on you."

She blushed and leaned her head on his shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you too." He put the picture down. "Now, this tree isn't going to decorate itself."

"Killian?" Emma asked. He looked up at her and she had tears in her eyes once more. "Thank you for giving me the home that I always wanted."

The End!!!

This was an amazing story! At least, in my opinion it was. I wanted to have a little bit of a different ending than most captainswan stories have. I just thought it was good to end it where I did.