Chapter Three

That night, I dreamt of my first day at school, when I'd sat eating my lunch on the school field.

Sean had just appeared in front of me.

"I wouldn't let her get to you!" He told me this time, making me jump. He hadn't said that the first time I'd met him.

When he looked down at my hand, I already knew that I would see the messy pulp of the orange. But when I looked down at my hand I saw blood. I looked back at Sean in alarm as four people appeared behind him, but these weren't the same people I'd seen in the field. Their heads were all Jessica's. I tried to move away from her enraged face. Her red hair furiously licked like flames around her.

"I warned you!" She screamed. I looked back at Sean for help, but he , he was Jessica.

Seeing the confusion in my face, all the Jessica's started laughing. Scrambling to my feet and leaving everything behind, I ran. All the time their laughter was ringing in my ears.

As I got near the school, the other students were laughing and pointing. My heart was beating fast. I still had blood on my hand, but from where? I saw the back of Kasey-Ray, as she stood talking to her friends. I reached out to touch her and she spun around, making me fall to the floor. This wasn't my sister, it was Jessica, and she was leaning over me, trying to claw at me.

I lay there on the floor, curled up in a ball and screamed.

"Erin?" A voice broke my scream as they shook me "Erin?" They called again.

Slowly I opened my eyes and cried out with relief when I saw my Mum sitting on my bed.

"Oh Mum." I sobbed.

"Hey, it's okay, you're safe now." She soothed. "But we need to sort your head out."

I quickly jumped up to see blood on my bed. I looked down at the hand I'd held the orange in and saw that was covered in blood too.

"Oh my god, what happened?" I screamed hysterically.

"I think you were having a nightmare and you must have scratched your cut!" She stood up and put her arm around me, as she placed a towel to my head. "Your Dad is just getting dressed; he's going to take you to the hospital. You're going to need stitches!"

I nodded, still crying. My dream had felt so real.

My Mum guided me down the stairs where my Dad was waiting. She helped me put my coat and trainers on as I sat there in a daze. My mind was flashing back and forth between my nightmare and reality. My Mum kissed my cheek and gave me a hug. She looked so worried and tired.

"Come on sweetie, you in the car." My Dad soothed. "I'll text when we're leaving." He leant over and gave my Mum a kiss. She nodded as she kissed her fingers and placed them to my cheek. I thought she was going to cry.