Chapter Six

Claire had called later that evening. She had apparently told her Mum everything and she had agreed to let Kasey-Ray sleep over. I was actually surprised how quickly my parents had agreed to let her sleep out. None of us had actually slept over at a friend's house before. Not as if I ever would. I needed to have friends to sleep over at.

All I needed now was for my parents to find out and all hell would break loose.

"I promise they won't find out." Kasey-Ray tried to reassure me on the way to school. "It's fool-proof and they don't even know Claire's Mum, and if they need to get hold of me, I have my mobile." She said as she pulled her phone out of her bag and waved it in front of my face.

I could understand her reasoning. I was just a worrier. I sighed as I pushed her hand away from the front of my face.

"Just don't slip up." I raised my finger to her, as she laughed. "It's not funny. I know how excited you get and then you have a habit of rabbiting on too much." Kasey-Ray had stopped again to pretend she was locking her mouth shut and throwing away the key.

"I promise." She then crossed her heart. Seeing the defeated expression in my face she gave me a huge hug, "You're the best sister ever!"

"Kasey-Ray!" Claire shouted, making my sister jump around.

"Gotta go." She gave me another hug. "See you this afternoon and you better be cheering the loudest." She winked.

"Of course."

Today was sport's day. Whilst most of the students had to spend the morning going to lessons, all the students who were not taking part in any of the events, including myself, had to help setting up for each event and all the stalls.

The first part of the morning, I had to help put out all the chairs for the students, and then separate them by year, then by forms by coloured ribbon with the names of each form and year on them.

After break, we set up each of the events and stalls. When lunch time arrived, there were still things left to do, so in between eating my lunch, I was back and forth doing the final touches, along with a few fellow students.

"Well done." Ms Forrester said to me, as she appeared at the programme stall we would be working on. I had about fifteen minutes left before the rest of the school would start appearing. Their families had already started making their way over.

"I'm just going to bring our form room over." She told me, after a final check of the stall. "Will you be okay?"

"Yeah, it should be a breeze." I smiled nervously. There were going to be hundreds of people milling around the stalls and it was intimidating. With a smile, Ms Forrester quickly hurried off.

Luckily, I didn't have time to stay nervous once people started appearing at my stall. Most didn't even look at me as they handed me the money and I handed them a programme. I hadn't actually realised there was a queue forming until Ms Forrester appeared and started ordering people into 2 lines.