Chapter Ten

By the time we walked into the DVD shop my Dad was already in the queue, ready to take the DVD's home.

"Sorry." Sean told him.

"It's fine, you'll just have to make do with our selection." My Dad laughed.

"I'm sure they'll be fine."

"Are you still going for pizza?" I asked. I wasn't really hungry but it kind of was our family tradition.

"We are, but haven't you just eaten?" He looked critically at Sean.

"Yeah we have. I was just going to say that if you are then me and Sean will just head back to the house, if that's okay?"

"Oh yeah, sure, that's fine." My Dad reached into his trouser pocket and pulled out his keys. "Here." He said as he unfastened the front door key from his car keys. "We shouldn't be too long."

Taking the key from his hand, I waved at my family. By now, my Mum and sister had come to join my Dad, laden down with goodies. I had no idea why they bought them when they were getting a pizza, plus we had a fully stocked junk food cupboard.

"You didn't want a pizza did you?" I asked, feeling guilty, as I climbed into the passenger seat of Sean's car.

"No, no, I'm good." He squeezed my leg in reassurance, and then reversed out of the car park.

"Hey, I just realised something!"

"What's that?" He asked with his eyes still on the road.

"You never got a text message." He briefly looked at me with a puzzled expression. "What I mean is..." Hmmm how do I word this? "Every Friday night I've seen you, you get a message and leave."

"Ahhhh..." He laughed as he realised what I was getting at. I was still confused as something else dawned on me.

"Hang on a minute." I raised a finger as he pulled up outside my house and went to climb out. "Did you ever get a DVD?"

"No." He laughed again, even more so when he saw how confused I was. "I'll explain inside." He was already out of the car before I could stop him.

Quickly I followed, pulling out the front door key. The sooner we got inside the sooner I would understand, I hoped.

"Tell me." I said as soon as I had hung up the key and shut the door behind me.

"Okay." He walked to the sofa, pulling me behind him. "Sit." I quickly obeyed, sitting cross legged on the sofa next to him. "I knew you and your family rented movies every week, and it was my only way to be near you without Jessica finding out." He paused for a moment as I waited for the punch line. "The messages were from Kelly or the twins. They all went bowling every Friday night with Justin and Jessica." I was still confused. "They have to go past there and my car sticks out like a sore thumb." He laughed, and I had to admit it was a bit bright, and you could spot it a mile off.

"You were stalking me?" I asked, both shocked and flattered, making him laugh more.

"Kind of..." He reached up to my face. "As soon as I saw you on the field, I knew I had to find out more about you."

"How? Why?" I didn't know what else to say. I actually felt like crying. Not from being upset, but by the fact he went to such efforts.

"It was quite easy when I found out who your parents were." He smiled with a shrug, and before he could continue Kasey-Ray thundered in, removing everything off the table.

"You okay Krazy-Rabies?" Using the nickname we often called her, whilst wondering what the rush was.

"Dad got a huge pizza. 16 inches I think." She stood up to examine the table. "I hope it's big enough." She laughed to herself, completely making me forget my conversation with Sean as my Dad struggled to get the pizza box through the door.