Chapter Twelve

By the time we'd gotten back to the house, Sean's parents were back. Sean had taken my glass and went to put ice cubes in it as I hovered at the kitchen door.

"Erin." Sean's Dad, Brian, crossed the room to hug me and kiss my cheek. "How are you?"

"Good thanks." I smiled shyly.

"You're looking lovely." He smiled as he looked me up and down, making me blush.

"Thanks. This is my sister's." I cringed. Why did I have to tell him I was wearing my sister's clothes? I think 'thanks' would have been enough.

"Here you go." Sean came to stand protectively, next to me, as he handed me my glass of orange juice.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"I hope my son's looking after you?" Brian raised an eyebrow at Sean.

"Most definitely," I flustered.

"Of course, Dad." Sean dryly told him.

"Dinner will be ready in about fifteen minutes." Ruth called, breaking the friction.

"We'll be in the conservatory."

"What's the deal with you and your Dad?" I whispered as we sat down.

"Nothing really." He shrugged.

"Nothing really?" I raised an eyebrow. He sighed when he realised I wasn't going to let this go.

"Firstly, he isn't happy that I'm not as into sports as I was."

"And?" I knew there was more and I would drag it out of him, if I had to.

"I still don't like the way he spoke to you, the first time you met him." He held his hand up before I spoke. "And he wants me to follow in his footsteps and manage the gym, or the other one he plans on opening, and I still don't know if that's what I want to do." He sighed.

"Firstly, your Dad is fine with me, so don't worry about that." I cuddled up next to him, and we stayed like that for a few minutes, neither of us speaking, then I quickly sat up and turned to look at him.

"What do you enjoy doing?" I asked, intrigued.

"Besides spending time with you?" He laughed. I nodded in reply. "I really do enjoy kickboxing." He told me thoughtfully. "I would actually like to teach people." He seemed to light up at this thought.

"Why don't you then?" He paused for a moment as he thought it over.