2- Home Sweet Hell.

C.B.A - Christian Brothers Academy

 Valak had mentioned that there was someone she wanted me to meet

 Valak had mentioned that there was someone she wanted me to meet. She hadn't said much about the matter, but insisted I wait for after school so we could go together. Later on, after most of the students were dismissed, I sat on a bench outside the cathedral, waiting for Valak's orders.

The school was emptying out quite quickly with the exception of the basketball players and swimmers who'd be here till later, practicing for tournaments. I watched girls in uniforms same as mine, huddled in groups, laughing, gossiping, planning their weekends; some ran around the front porch, carefree and happy unaware of all the dangers only I was so brutally exposed to. I watched them each hop into their parent's cars and drive out the school gates, heading home where they'd probably gossip some more on the phone and watch television until they forgot to do their homework. I secretly wondered what it'd be like to like them. To live like a normal girl and have a normal life. But every time I did, I came to the conclusion that their lives were just too ordinary and monotonous for me; which is just something I told myself to stop that yearn from spreading.

I tried having friends but it never worked out, I was forced to cut them off the second they started asking too many questions, like why I never talked about my family, or why I never invited them over to my place. The answer was simple, I didn't have a family or a home -at least not the one they expected, they could never know the truth about me. Besides, having friends as an agent was dangerous, they became your weakness, a blind spot which the enemy could use against you. So, I'd learnt to keep to myself and enjoy my own company, which was easy since I'd been doing it most of my life.

There'd been a few other agents at the school when I was younger, but we were discouraged from forming anything more than an alliance. Finding a friend in someone that could die on their next mission was a waste of time and surely enough it'd happened. The other two agents I'd trained with as a child had died a little over two years ago; B76 on a rescue mission in Syria and C13 at the Alpes. I was alone and I preferred it, it made my life a lot less complicated.

I let my burner phone ring for a while in my pocket before fishing it out and flipping it open. "Agent B92, use the alley to the left of the main building and come out the back," Valak ordered.

After slipping through the old alley in between the two buildings I jumped over the gate fence with ease and sprinted over to the black Audi parked close to an opening. The Agency prided itself on expensive cars, not to mention the lady driving it loved living lavishly and made sure every hour she dedicated to the organisation was well compensated for in other ways. She'd changed into a short leather dress and boots that stopped right above her knees. Her dark auburn hair was sleeked back into a high ponytail, with the exception of a strand that rested by the corner of her eye, contrasting drastically with her bright green pupils.

"Hop in."

I slid into the drivers' seat, taking in in that fresh new car smell which still lingered under the strong scent of her perfume. "Won't the school get suspicious when they see their headmistress driving an r8?" Were nuns even allowed to drive?