27- New Beginnings.

Few months later.

My pencil tapped rhythmically against the desk  as I stared at the perplexing diagram before me. I never was a fan of math and adding letters and diagrams to the mix made the work all the more dreadful. Valak offered me leave from school for the rest of year to study at home but I'd stupidly declined the offer, choosing to suffer amongst my peers instead. It helped keep me busy since all I was allowed to do so far was training, school and therapy. The therapy didn't help but sometimes I liked to smoke right before so I confuse the therapist with my train of thought for the whole hour and laugh it his dry jokes which were much funnier high.

"5 more minutes, class," announced Mrs Parekh.

I heaved a pained sigh, inwardly praying for it all to be over. It was Friday today which meant I could drive out to see Trent for the weekend; never thought there'd ever be a day where I'd actually be excited to see him but he'd grown on me. Like a wart I couldn't quite get rid of so I'd learnt to live with. 

A sudden knock on the door caught my attention and Mr. Walker came in carrying an envelope. I heard him whisper my name to Mrs Parekh who in turn fanned me towards her desk at the front. I stood with my paper so I could just hand it in as is then stepped outisde.

"Walker," I greeted with a small smile. He deserved it after saving me from that hedious test.

"B92," he replied handing me the envelope. "You've got fan mail."

After thanking him I walked towards  a near by garden and took a seat on the bench. The letter was addressed to Blayze Jones in a rather familiar messy doctor's handwriting. I peeled it open carefully and fished out a picture. 

It was of me and the boys, taken in the man-cave the last day I saw them. We all wore goofy grins with puffy red eyes, half of our faces sprinkled in Cheeto dust. It'd been one of the most memorable moments of the mission.

I turned it around and read the back.

"Don't be a stranger."

Oh the irony. All I'd been with them was someone I wasn't. Sweet gester though. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought to visit them but Valak  had advised against it. With the case against Xenon's father still on going and the sudden 'dissappearance' of Grayson it was all still too risky. 

I knew I wouldn't see them again and though the thought bothered me I knew it was for the best. Valak had recently been considering both of us moving to a different Agency station; somewhere far from here. I wasn't opposed to the idea. A fresh start would give me a chance to explore my place in this life. I had this new found thrill to see where the world would take me and ready or not I was going to have to face it. 

Thank you once again for making it this far! I love every single person reading this! Check out the rest of my work. I'll be announcing a sequal soon so keep an eye out.