14- Do you wanna build a camp tent?

We finally got to the campsite and I set up most of the tents with Trent

We finally got to the campsite and I set up most of the tents with Trent. The guys then went to prepare a suitable place for our late night bon-fire and the girls packed the sleeping bags, luggage and snacks into the tents.

I wasn't at all surprised that the eight other girls who had been invited on the trip hadn't said a word towards me. I never had great relationships with females, so I kept my distance and completed my given tasks. Afterwards I climbed up a bare tree and watched the sunset over a small lake on the far edge of the woods. The sky was a glorious mixture of colours, the palate smoothly transitioning from warm to cool in a spectacular ombre of red, to orange, to pink, purple, navy and blue, there's a few clouds in the sky but they did little to interrupt the artistic placement of earth's work, instead they added more to the already spectacular view with their golden outlines and soft pink glow.

"See anything interesting up there?" I looked down and saw one of the girls looking up the tree. She was a dark-skinned Jamaican by the name of Adanna Smith, born in this city but raised in Jamaica with her mother, Alviti. Her case file said she later returned for educational purposes and currently stayed with both parents a little west off the Northern suburbs. She had pretty decent grades, did quite a lot of sports and was even captain of her basketball team. 

I'd taken the courtesy of running background checks on all the people going on this trip to make sure I knew who we were dealing with.

"Just the sunset." I replied.

In a few minutes Adanna was up the tree, sitting next to me. We said nothing for a while. Just watching the sun as it disappeared onto the other side of the world.

"Adanna," she held out her hand as the sun cast its last rays.

"Blayze," I replied shaking it.

"I noticed you have quite the collection of machetes, I'm in love with knives," she began. "Although I'm quite taken with guns. My father taught me how to shoot when I was seven and I've been hunting with him since then."

"That sounds cool," I said then went on to ask what type of guns they used. We had an entire conversation based off of hunting and shooting, and for a while, I forgot I was here on a mission.

"So, when did you start hunting?" Adanna asked.

At first, I was confused until I realised, she thought I hunted animals. "Uhm, pretty much since I was born." I answered with a nod.

"That sounds awesome, who taught to shoot? You dad?" she asked inquisitively.

I remembered the days when I was young and couldn't sleep. Valak would call me down to the yard and we'd shoot targets until I got tired. Then for my tenth birthday she'd given me the Glock. The gun I used to that very day. She was so proud when I completed my first mission alone, she'd taken me out for ice cream for the first time ever. I think I got the longest brain freeze unrecorded.